Failed State Inspection

Generous, but if yours are off Roadster they won't fit - the single Touring headlight is 7"
Looks like BigNorm has him covered

You know what... I looked at the pic, saw 2 light buckets and didn't think to look at what he rides... Good catch

And check Fuse #1 which supplies the power to the relay and then the aux lights

Brake Light - does the Horn work?
If not, then check Fuse # 4.
If the horn does not work, it could also be the key-switch - although this is unlikely unless the harness got pulled & broken

If the horn does work then the power to each of the two switches should also be good - if NEITHER Front NOR Rear actuates the lamp - then is more likely a problem at the lamp itself - its sub-harness or the bulb socket (since you appear to have confirmed it is not the bulb itself)
All fuses are good and the horn does work. That relay under the tank may be the culprit for the AUX lights, I'll check it in the morning.
Neither front lever nor back foot pedal actuate the break light. I have gone through several taillghts since new and one co.omete new brake light assembly due to internal corrosion. I kmow, it' plastic but it still got pretty bad with moisture intrusion way back when.

Disconnect the 3-way connector from the rear light to the main harness
On Main Harness side of connector, check for 12V between the Green/Purple and Black with either switch operated (of course ignition must be on)

If you get 12V, investigate the lamp;
if you do not, investigate the power circuit to the Switches (however as suggested it is common to the horn circuit so unlikely)

Last edited:
NEVER have had motors required to attend one of those Nazi Stations here in WA! :thumbsup:
Not too bad for such a libtard state . . .

It's just a matter of time.

But he is talking a safety inspection, not smog.

With the creeping liberalism here in WA state it is just a matter of time before we have an "Assault Weapons" ban and smog checks for everyone. By then I will have relocated to ID or NV.

bob

Disconnect the 3-way connector from the rear light to the main harness
On Main Harness side of connector, check for 12V between the Green/Purple and Black with either switch operated (of course ignition must be on)

If you get 12V, investigate the lamp;
if you do not, investigate the power circuit to the Switches (however as suggested it is common to the horn circuit so unlikely)
The brake light is fixed now. Inside the socket was corroded. I scarped it clean with a pocket knife and added dielectric grease. Put the light back in and it works now.

No luck on the auxiliary light though. I swapped in a new relay under the tank, new bulbs in both and I cleaned the inside of the switch housing. The fuse is good. I suspect the switch is bad.
To pass inspection, I took the auxiliary off the bike for now. So now, I'm just waiting for the headlight reflector/lens to arrive then back to the inspector.

In Virginia, I can remove all lights but the headlight and taillight and pass inspection.....because on a motorcycle you can give hand signals and therefore turn signals are optional...though if you have them, they must work.

Just curious here, how many mirrors are requiredin your state?

Back