Failed motorcycle road test today

Wished I knew someone with a Honda Rebel..... I would have borrowed it in a skinny minute.
When I first got to the DMV I tried to do the box test on my own. After trying several times and not doing too good I knew then I was in trouble. Well atleast I know what I'm up against if I ever want to have my license instead of a permit. I WILL practice next time around like crazy on the Roadster. If I'm still having trouble I will just borrow my friends small HD Sportster...... I guess. I won't tell anybody. lol
I've read that here in SC that 30% of motorcycle owners are riding around on permit only. They changed it last year to where one just can't renew their permit and keep riding. They MUST make an effort to get their license. So I HAD to take the road test.

You don't need a girl's bike like the Honda Rebel.
You are a man, and men ride bikes made for men. All you need is practice. Take your time and practice keeping the front tire inside the circle, and trust me, you will pass the test.
Good thing you felt embarrassed today. Use that to motivate yourself. You should take the test on your bike though!

Mully, I almost didn't get my ML when I tried went for them! I screwed up the serpentine at first and the Driver License guy asked me if I wanted to come back to that part and I said yes! Jumped through the other rings and tried the serpentine at the end! It wasn't pretty but made it and the guy said I should have brought a smaller bike. He acknowledged the Rocket was a really big bike!

Did all mine up front when I was 15. The nice lady at the counter said "isn't there supposed to be a motorcycle endorsement on this license?" and I in my most angelic voice said "Yes Ma'am, I was wondering about that"...few clicks of her typewriter keys (yes typewriter) and I was off with my freshly minted temporary license. Had nothing to ride back then but my cousin's non-street legal YZ250 dirt bike

I took my PA m/c test @ 16 yrs old, the minimum age. I had a Honda 50 super sport that I had been riding on dirt for over a year. The test was so easy on that bike that I could have done it entirely on the back wheel. I actually went to the test site & practiced, got bored & did do it on a wheelie.

But when the time came, I was afraid the examiner might not appreciate my humor so I did it the regular way on 2 wheels, pretending to be careful.

I could only get a junior license until I turned 18 and my family had a motorboat we kept at a marina on Chautauqua Lake, which is in NY State.

There was some rule about NY not allowing those with PA Junior licenses to ride after dark.

I had traded up to a Honda Super Hawk 305 and (since I live very close to the border) "borrowed" a friend's NY State address & took the NY test & got a license there as well, so I could ride after dark (up to midnight).

Not exactly legal but I maintained 2 licenses at the same time until I was 18.

If I had 2 take the test today, I'd use my Yamaha Super Tenere. Its a 1200cc 500lb bike but it sure is nimble!

Did all my lessons on my 1972 650 Tiger but used the riding schools Honda 250 after getting a seriously filthy look from the tester when I lobbed on my Triumph the first time. He wouldn't even take me out for the test on the Tiger. Got it on the 250 first crack.

Did all my lessons on my 1972 650 Tiger but used the riding schools Honda 250 after getting a seriously filthy look from the tester when I lobbed on my Triumph the first time. He wouldn't even take me out for the test on the Tiger. Got it on the 250 first crack.

Giving my age away here but I got my bike and cat licence on the same day in 1965 at Gosford Police station and my Class 5 Semi Trailer (HC)1year later (the police tested you back in those days ) no Cones ,painted lines or limitations on size of bike ,just a simple around the block, and once over by Sergeant Stewart who used to slurp schooners of beer with Dad at the Broadwater Hotel, and Bob's your Uncle, instant full licences,no Provisional plates in those days or demerit points ,random breath tests ,only radar in a few big towns, WOO HOO those were the days

Back