F / L Switch - TunECU

JRCollings

.040 Over
Ok so Powertripp nicely explained what the difference between the F & L table are, but...

Is the switching from F to L or from L to F as I am thinking at whatever value I put in the "F L switching table?

Cheers, John.

Because most of us don't know what we're talking about.

The original Tuneboy didn't have a switching table - the word was that it used the L tables at TP below 6% and the F tables above 15% and a mix in between.

So now the table is TP and RPM dependent. Below the RPM and TP threshold, it uses the L tables (based on MAP and RPM). So for 20222, between 2521-3775 rpm, the TP threshold is 31%. Above that it switches to the F tables (based on TP and RPM).

Because the engine uses individual throttles for each cylinder, the mapping strategy uses Manifold Air Pressure (MAP) at low rpm for more resolution than throttle position percentage (TPS) provides.

As a result, the engine switches from MAP based fueling and ignition advance at low rpm and low loads, to TPS based control as engine speeds and loads increase.

This is oposite of what most cars use, but then again, they use Mass Air Flow (MAF) at low speeds and loads for even better resolution.

Changing the F_L Switch table requires that you adjust fueling and ignition advance as required. This is not something you should change without some way to see and measure how the changes alter the mapping.

I hope this helps.

Back