External Temperature Sensor

MFA

.040 Over
Hi;
My external temp reads about 7 degrees too high, where is the temperature sensor located? I am thinking it is too close to the engine and would like to move it. Anybody knows where it is located?
Thanks.

Hi;
My external temp reads about 7 degrees too high, where is the temperature sensor located? I am thinking it is too close to the engine and would like to move it. Anybody knows where it is located?
Thanks.
tVzS18a.png

I had the same thing with mine & was able to compare that with a friends R3 bought at the same time.
Turned out that the rubber hose leading to the temp sensor was kinked & restricting airflow. I just rerouted & now it's reading within 0.5'C of the other R3.

This started happening after I installed an aftermarket windshield, so probably I kinked the rubber hose. Thanks for all of your inputs.

Well, I attempted to fix it per the above diagram, when I removed the fly screen, it did not seem to match the diagram. I could not find the hose. I guess I survived all these years without one, I can continue to do so. :)

Well, I attempted to fix it per the above diagram, when I removed the fly screen, it did not seem to match the diagram. I could not find the hose. I guess I survived all these years without one, I can continue to do so. :)
those diagrams are weird, hard to find same spot, orientation is also different. Maybe someone else who has located that sensor can chime in.

Turn the bars to the right & have a look behind the black cowl behind the headlights that the fly screen bolts to the top off.
The hose from the sensor runs down the edge here & terminates above the bottom triple clamp - follow this up & check if it's kinked/pinched anywhere.

Hi Moz;
I found the hose per your description, no kinks. Probably air flow is being affected from the Power Blade windscreen I installed. Thanks.

Back