Ride
'06 R3
I just got my extended warranty for 3yr. @ $600.00..can't remember my companys name but my dealer said they were ok..and you will be happy you have it on any eventual mishap...

Mine goes out of warranty in Feb and seems to be running great. I am still undecided on whether or not to buy one. I believe Pegasus also paid around $600 for a warranty, which seems pretty reasonable.

I spoken to the owners or service managers at three dealerships, asking what they thought of them and to a man they didn't think they were money well spent. They said there were few problems with the Rocket and that Triumph has been real good about taking care of those that arise after the warranty runs out. I've only had one, it was on my BMW GS. It covered engine and drive train with a $50 deductible per claim.

I want to get about 20,000 miles on mine before the warranty runs out and am pretty close.

I always get the extended warranty on big $$ items. If you have to use it just once, it will pay for itself. I have used my extended warranty on several things (not my R3T) and have had no regrets. If you are buying the bike used from an individual, it would probably be a good idea... You never know how the last guy treated his bike, or why he is selling it. But ultimately it is your call.

I failed get one on a used Ford diesel truck that I bought from a dealership. The transmission went out a month later. Big bucks, all out of my hide.

Back