Here is what I'm working with.
Those are not the stock slip-ons for a Touring model, they also aren't the Triumph TORS version, as they were identical to stock ones, which I went with because I preferred the cut at the back of the bike, personally. I didn't go with D&D's at the time because they have the cut at the end in the opposite direction, for me, I just didn't like the look. The cat in the stock touring is located in the slip ons themselves, not in the crossover box. I went with the Triumph TORS simpler just to give it a deeper note, I wasn't after the loudness or the big horsepower, so it suited me.
Look up Power-tripp R3 touring deristricting , there you will find your 30HP for about a $20 cord. I would suggest you get the cord, and at least find out what map is currently on your bike, then you can go from there and get maps to match your current set up and future mods you may be doing.

If you want to and a few extra ponies it is easy. This winter I've installed a tune from Tune Ecu, which in itself made a wonderful difference. Then one night while rummaging around on Ebay I saw some pipes for sale. Looking at the picture in exploded view I realized that the parts N° that they stated was not what was stamped on the muffler. Luck would have it I picked up some Triumph original Tors Exhaust pipes. I keeped the original crossover and opened up the ends of the exit holes so that they would be full flow. The sound that comes out of the exhaust now is a profound deep rumble that stands out from anything that is motorcycle sound. I'd say maybe a nice V8 rumble from the days. And they are a bit louder but nothing that will be annoying on a long ride. My friends Harley still drowns me out at a stop light. Right off the bat the difference was another upgrade that did not cost an arm and a leg. Hope this helps to convince you to shop around, there are deals to be found out there. All you need a patience. Good luck, ride safe!

Tors - 400.00$
Ecu plug 30.00$
PC I had . ______
________430.00$ C . excellent deal app. 30 xtra ponies. What a wonderful stable I now have.

Barney from Montreal

Last edited:
Jeremy, as Rob says I produce a free flowing cross over to replace that stock unit.

J.jpg

This is the inside of that stock unit you have there.

IMG_0619B.jpg

If it is as you say and that bolt is holding the baffle in, then removing that should allow the baffle tube to come out.
BUT, you will probably find it sounds "better" with the baffle tube in place.
If you do remove it, put a photo up here and I'll give you opinion of it.

I w as not able to remove baffles. They are really in there. Got one to come out an inch or so and no more. Put it back in then put the bolt back in.

So how do I keep my existing setup and make more flow from that monstrosity?

Cross over pipe

To expound a bit, the mufflers are not your bottleneck. The bottleneck is the header and crossover box.

Highly suggest derestricting the ECU before hunting for more power in the exhaust, once you’ve uncorked the ECU it’ll be a whole different bike.

Last edited:
I am trying to familiarize myself with the whole mapping thing and i am going to pull the seat and things off to see what, if anything the previous owner has done to the airbox and intake. I am guessing nothing has been modified.

I will eventually be able to get some mods done, but with just getting this bike, the wife (keeper of the money....) would like me to wait a bit and get a couple good rides in to see what I think I would like to do.

Now, I am used to being on a bike that is a deep toned V-Twin and has that loud lugging sound that noone wants to ride behind me on a long haul.

I am aware that sound cannot and will not come from a Rocket, but what can I do inexpensively to modify the sound to be maybe a little deeper and louder.

Can I remove the baffles in the pipes that are on it or will that cause issues. Of course the other bike had aftermarket pipes where I pulled the baffles and had to rejet the Carbs on it, but this is my first injected bike. If i pulled the baffles just to see how it sounds will that hurt anything?

Thanks in advance.

If I post pictures of what I have on my touring can someone explain if my setup is stock or what I need to do for more air flow?

Show some pictures someone should recognize them.Alsomeasure the diameter at outlet of muffler.

Cross over pipe

To expound a bit, the mufflers are not your bottleneck. The bottleneck is the header and crossover box.

Highly suggest derestricting the ECU before hunting for more power in the exhaust, once you’ve uncorked the ECU it’ll be a whole different bike.

I am going to work on derestricting the ECU. I ordered the cable and it will be here on Friday.

I guess I was more concerned, at this time, about removing the box to created better flow. The cutaway picture of the box that was posted seems to be a huge cluster, not to mention I havae seen people talking about how it adds more heat on the legs while sitting at a stop.

It’s not as restrictive as it first appears, 140 or so hp can be made with it in place.

It acts as a resonance chamber becoming the large diameter change required to terminate pulse tuning. This is why swapping mufflers with everything else stock makes very little difference.

It’s also why when you replace it you’ll find a lot more bark in the exhaust, as the pulses are now running all the way till the end instead of reflecting from the box back up to the valve.

Back