It’s not as restrictive as it first appears, 140 or so hp can be made with it in place.

It acts as a resonance chamber becoming the large diameter change required to terminate pulse tuning. This is why swapping mufflers with everything else stock makes very little difference.

It’s also why when you replace it you’ll find a lot more bark in the exhaust, as the pulses are now running all the way till the end instead of reflecting from the box back up to the valve.

That does make sense @Claviger More bark would be nice. what is the correct way to eliminate it?

One of the Paul Bryant crossovers. His fit right and flow right, and his welding work is basically as good as it comes. The split is smoother than some others I’ve seen for sale.

Have pictures of the CES or Viking?

Here is a pic of my bike, Full CES system with 14" Muffler.

20180216_150921.jpg

Jeremy, as Rob says I produce a free flowing cross over to replace that stock unit.

J.jpg

This is the inside of that stock unit you have there.

IMG_0619B.jpg

If it is as you say and that bolt is holding the baffle in, then removing that should allow the baffle tube to come out.
BUT, you will probably find it sounds "better" with the baffle tube in place.
If you do remove it, put a photo up here and I'll give you opinion of it.

Here are pictures.

Attachments

• 20180316_122658.jpg
    20180316_122658.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 20180316_122637.jpg
    20180316_122637.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 1
My thoughts are that that tube through the center is quite small.
I use 2 or 2¼" perforated tube myself.

I understand. I like the sound for now and will order from you when my funds allow. Question is will this hurt my motor and what tune should I run

Back