Like the shocks but you got to do something about those turn signals.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: and flyscreen.:whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling: This round of up grades plan on getting flyscreen brackets powder coated. Going to keep the chrome bolts just to keep it highlighted.

The rear turn signals were removed last week and replaced with an LED assembly(check post Rear LEDs) I am not fond of black bikes but especially not fond of black and chrome so slowly but surely turning it black, I still have my red 2005 so might turn it red one day.

Me either. First blacked out bike I have ever owned. Boy oh Boy what a way to start out. IMG_0422.JPG Easy to keep clean looking. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Still cant get my head around the fact that a noisy bike with minimal grunt appeals to some riders??...We have all heard them go by as we are washing the car or mowing the lawns or something and we look up expecting them to be flying but no!!!...a bit akin to young bloods with noisy exhausts on a 4 cylinder old toyota or something....
I would sooner have grunt with a smooth, solid sound...you can tell immediately it has power because rich sound is associated with rapid movement...you look up and nod your head saying ..."Yep, that sounds good!"

CES header pic below (the muffler isn't the CES muffler).

The lowest pitch pipes in my opinion are the Jardines, but it still sounds nothing like a 270 degree twin. They're a bit tough to find these days sadly as the Jardines aren't made any more. They sound really really good though. Not loud by HD standard, fairly loud by Rocket standards. The tone is M U C H deeper than any I've heard on other R3s, the cans on them resonate the right frequencies and block the higher pitched ones.

The Carpenter pipe is also deep, but its a raw sound. If you've ever heard an SRT-4 with no cat, 3" exhaust, into a straight through muffler, its pretty much just like that, personally i like it :p

CES and Reband don't sound deep in my opinion. There's the underlying deep tone you cannot avoid with a 4" piston, but, the dominant sound isn't low low pitch. They sound like what they are, a massive bore multi cylinder motor.

Regarding tune, it's very, very simple, and the only thing you have to have are a laptop and a $20 cable, see video 3 here:
Random Tech thoughts vlog as related to Rockets

26239592_1982079048474022_6165023353066767476_n.jpg

What is sounds like off the bike:
Sound on the bike (mostly induction noise):

Last edited:
Okay what Steel said makes sense:D silly me thinking that you thought the Rockets were quiet well in stock form they do sound like a high powered sewing machine:eek::D
Here is a picture of the Carpenter Sidewinder Full Exhaust System, the Carp system is a 2" system which seems to be the largest on the market just now.

IMG_2099.JPG

What does a Carpenter exhaust set you back?

Back