Exhaust can discoloration??

Wannbe

Supercharged
Ride
2014 R3R
Has anyone had a problem with the factory cans having what looks like discoloration? My right side can near the passenger footpegs and on the side has a round spot about 2". Looks like heat color and is not something melted to it.

Another problem is the passenger peg is too close to the pipe. Now I have to buy my wife a new pair of boots and try to clean her melted heels off the pipes.

New bikes run really hot .. couldn't put your hand near my mufflers when my bike was new. Had Dealer run a heat testing thingo over it I was that concerned ... get your wife/girlfriend a pair of proper motorcycle boots (no long heels) .. I've banned Catherine wearing heels a long time ago. Forma make great chicks boots , stylish with all the protection.

Yeah long heels is a bad call on a motorcycle, boots are on to protect the ankle, last thing one needs is long heels that can catch and twist the foot needlessly.

Like TC and croft said heels are not a safe option and new rockets will run a bit warm till you put a richer tune in, when I bought mine even thou it was completely std the dealer put the TOR's tune in at the first service due to the excessive heat, so that may be the answer

Seems like even with proper boots, she will need to be aware of the pipes (at least on the roadster). My wife was wearing flat soled shoes on mine and ended up touching her toes/heals enough to leave a spot.

showed my wife the exhausts on all my bikes when I first got them starting with my 72 bonne.told her if she ever melts her shoes/sneakers to the exhausts she will go barefoot from then on that will teach her (she never has melted anything to them)even stopped me when a plastic bag flew up from the road and attached itself to the bike thinking it will melt onto them it didn't, she saved my a** again

Back