EXCEDRA Bridgestone Rear not for 2020

the 880 on front would cup and any curve would make the tire rumble like a bad bearing.

Except Triumph, BMW and me. Certainly better handling than Avon Cobras on the front. BTW, what did they put on your Tiger 900?
We’ll have to agree to disagree on the Avon Cobras on the front. I ran a couple of 880s early on, Bridgestone Exedra once and then always Cobras for at least 60,000km. Metzelers we’re OK while new but I found the Avon to be easily the best in every way over a longer life - teamed perfectly with Exedra Max on the rear. Plenty written about that in many many threads by virtually everyone who was around on here at the time.

Good point re the Tiger, assuming your point is that even Triumph doesn’t always get OEM tyres right. For some unknown reason Triumph chose Bridgestone Battlax A41. Not just road tyres on an off-road adventure bike but rated as the worst performing in a 9 tyre shoot out of so called 80:20 tyres. I swapped them for Dunlop Trailmax Mission, one of the highest rated 50:50 tyres. Here’s the link if anyone’s interested. What is staggering is that Bridgestone Battlax AX41 Adventure Cross come out on top of the 50:50 list, begging the question why, if they were locked into Bridgestone, didn’t they choose those instead?
For what it’s worth, I’ve previously always chosen Motoz and likely will go back to them.

Attachments

• 7CD5B3F8-0D7C-438E-B75D-86BF765D0F12.jpeg
    7CD5B3F8-0D7C-438E-B75D-86BF765D0F12.jpeg
    174.2 KB · Views: 17
  • D6055CF1-F488-451A-B183-EDF2053C6E4E.jpeg
    D6055CF1-F488-451A-B183-EDF2053C6E4E.jpeg
    237.5 KB · Views: 18
Good point re the Tiger, assuming your point is that even Triumph doesn’t always get OEM tyres right. For some unknown reason Triumph chose Bridgestone Battlax A41. [/]
This is the Rally? I was wondering about the GT’s.

This is the Rally? I was wondering about the GT’s.
Well as I have a Rally Pro I haven’t considered options for the GTs. They come standard with dual-compound Metzeler Tourance Next; more of a high-mileage all-weather sport-touring tyre that happens to come in a 19-inch size for the front wheel. I understand they’re pretty sure footed but don’t really have a view on them. The new Tiger Sport 850 has Michelin Anakee Adventure which would have been a far better OEM choice for the GT and perhaps the Rally, in my opinion.

re the Bridgestone exedra max on the rear of the 2020....i have one sitting in my shed wrapped in greaseproof paper and a blanket...its been there since september 2020 ready to replace the cobra chrome on my GT. To get it to fit the space under the hugger i made a bracket for the hugger to enable it to lift higher...i now have enough room plus clearance for the 55 profile.

Back