EXCEDRA Bridgestone Rear not for 2020

re the Bridgestone exedra max on the rear of the 2020....i have one sitting in my shed wrapped in greaseproof paper and a blanket...its been there since september 2020 ready to replace the cobra chrome on my GT. To get it to fit the space under the hugger i made a bracket for the hugger to enable it to lift higher...i now have enough room plus clearance for the 55 profile.
can you post a pic? I would like to use that tire as well. thanks if yes, np if no.

I'm just under 9k miles and my original cobra chrome is bald as hell. New one won't be here until Tuesday. Think I'ma try metzler's after this next cobra chrome.

I do not do burnouts etc. The roads here just eat tires.

Last edited:
can you post a pic? I would like to use that tire as well. thanks if yes, np if no.
Its a metal bracket...basically a strap which i bolted to the hugger..drilled a hole at the bottom to take the bolt to attach it to the bike and for the other side i packed rubber under the hugger where the bolt goes to lift that side.

Attachments

• 20210530_144135.jpg
    20210530_144135.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 70
Its a metal bracket...basically a strap which i bolted to the hugger..drilled a hole at the bottom to take the bolt to attach it to the bike and for the other side i packed rubber under the hugger where the bolt goes to lift that side.
thanks for that.
Not too clear to me what I am looking at.
When I first had shop install exedra and they told me not enough room, I looked at it and thought how about some spacers/washers where the part that touched tire to give a little more clearance. That sounds simpler to me. Glad you got yours, so you can save money each tire change!!

Maurice if youre there....this is what i did to raise the rear hugger...i made a small plate maybe 1 1/2" long and bolted it to the back of the hugger in hole 1. Then i drilled a hole (2) so i could fix it back to the bike in the original bolt hole. It lifted the hugger maybe an inch. To even it up i just put a rubber packer under the bolt on the left side of the bike. The hugger is now plenty high enough to take the 55 profile Exendra Max. '1' is where the bolt used to fix the hugger to the bike....now its bolt 2 that does that.
20210530_144135.jpg

Maurice if youre there....this is what i did to raise the rear hugger...i made a small plate maybe 1 1/2" long and bolted it to the back of the hugger in hole 1. Then i drilled a hole (2) so i could fix it back to the bike in the original bolt hole. It lifted the hugger maybe an inch. To even it up i just put a rubber packer under the bolt on the left side of the bike. The hugger is now plenty high enough to take the 55 profile Exendra Max. '1' is where the bolt used to fix the hugger to the bike....now its bolt 2 that does that.
20210530_144135.jpg

Hey Tal
Maurice traded his r3 for a new hd
A lot of guys will appreciate this info
Herman

It's been done and handling is far, far, better....

Back