Bondysbike

Turbocharged
Ride
Rocket Roadster
we all meet em...Met a Guy at the gas station . R3R very rare here as die hard Harley country. Says he loves bike and then proceeded to wax lyrical for ages about how I should use Ethanol free gas.

Is there any merit to running a tank full of this through every now and again?

I use it as my first choice always. We have several places selling it again around here. A new distributor terminal just opened up nearby and they built a large fuel stop with all alcohol free gas, including race gas, at lower than normal station prices. I don't feel any actual differences while riding.

Be sure to clear out the alcohol gas and have pure gas for winter storage.

I use it as my first choice always. We have several places selling it again around here. A new distributor terminal just opened up nearby and they built a large fuel stop with all alcohol free gas including race gas at lower than normal station prices. I don't see any actual differences except for winter storage. Be sure to have pure gas for that.

I'll give it whirl...thanks...good to know.

I have also used only Clean - no ethanol - since I bought it. I did one tank of regular a month ago and could not tell much of a difference.

I have wondered with the same question, too. I did hear that higher octane is best for high compression engines. (It burns slower, Ignition point is higher, stuff).
Would like to hear more...

After thought: There is a website that shows your nearest station with Ethanol Free gas.

Funny. We have four gas stations here in Henryetta Oklahoma. One sells Ethanol gas. You have no problem finding a open pump at this gas station.:whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling: Run regular 87 octane and never had a problem. Pure gas no corn syrup. Have to run premium in Harley due to compression ratio and the same in Fiat Abarth. Never have used the watered down corn syrup. NEVER WILL. Not bad on pancakes but not in the tank:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I have a Wawa gas station which opened in the past year where I live and it sells ethanol free gas, 90 octane I think. I have been using it in my lawn mower and two cycle string trimmer. For the bike, I use Top Tier gasoline because the additives do a better job of keeping the fuel system clean. I noticed a consistent 1-2 mpg increase with my Nomad after making the switch.

Does anyone know how ethanol free gas would compare to a Top Tier grade gasoline with ethanol?

I use it as my first choice always. We have several places selling it again around here. A new distributor terminal just opened up nearby and they built a large fuel stop with all alcohol free gas, including race gas, at lower than normal station prices. I don't feel any actual differences while riding.

Be sure to clear out the alcohol gas and have pure gas for winter storage.
yep always non-eth when available; worth paying the extra money for 100% gas better for the motor.

Back