rmdrake

.060 Over
the check engine light came on today, i was going about 30 mph in traffic when my bike stumbled a little bit and a bit of a backfire the light came on but seemed to run ok never backfired again, well i hooked the computer up to it to clear the light and it spit out PO638 which is( 2nd throttle circuit malfunction) now where do i go from here what should i be looking for so this doesnt happen again

mine did exactly the same thing today, and threw the same code.
I rode to the dealer, he hooked it up, and we checked the code together.
Cleared it, wiggled the TPS lines, and ended up zip tieing the lines down fairly tight,
to prevent them wiggleing around and so far everything is fine.
A zip tie or two might help, and couldn't hurt.
JM2CW,
skip

i checked using tune ECU and the voltage was.61 but the voltage to the ISCV was .75 it says to adjust too .72 this is a new TPS with blue innards, i will take her out today and drive it hard and see what happens , i seem to allways get a bakefire through the throttle bodie when i blip the the throttle , i have TORS, tripple fillters, and cat delete pipe, and running 20145 modified tune to help with decel popping

yes they are open 100% in all gears , thinking about going to another tune maybe 20050 tune

you might check to make sure all of your throttlebodies are in sync.
I had one out last week, and I had a high idle at startup and kept getting worse,
just like the TPS action,
anyway, between setting the sync on the throttlebodies,
and zip tieing the wires on the TPS, mine appears to be fixed.
hope yours is just as easy.

ive only been a few miles and the light has not come back on , fixin tp get on and ride some more, when i had cleared the light i allso put th 20050 tune appropiate for my set up

yap threw a code the same thang 2nd throttle circuit malfunction now what do i need to do should i replace it

so could it be the iscv thats acting up, the volts on that are .75 they should read .72, the volts on the 2nd tps is .62 I get the last reading from the diagnostic page not the test page

Back