engine to frame torque specs

seeya

Supercharged
Can anyone tell me what the torque specs for engine to frame is, manuel says "see text" any help would greatly appreciated

From the manual:
3. Tighten the engine mounting bolts, nuts, adjusters
and adjuster collars in the following sequence:
Support the frame and engine, and temporarily
remove the rear right hand mounting bolts.
Tighten both right hand engine mounting

adjusters to
5 Nm.

Using service tool T3880063, tighten the

locking collars on both right hand engine

mounting adjusters to
55 Nm.

Refit the rear right hand mounting bolts.

Tighten the upper and lower left hand rear

engine mounting bolts and nuts to
80 Nm.

Tighten the upper and lower rear right hand

engine mountings to
80 Nm.
Tighten the front engine mounting bolt and nut
to
80 Nm.

Engine Removal and Refit

4. Reconnect the remaining electrical connections to
the engine. These include:
Low oil pressure warning light switch
Crankshaft position sensor
Gear position sensor
Road speed sensor
Coolant temperature sensor
Battery earth
Starter motor connections
S.

Attach and secure the engine breather hose with its

clip.
6. Position the airbox to its mountings, fit and tighten its
bolts to

9 Nm.

Z

Refit the side stand, tightening the fixings to 40 Nm.

8. Reconnect the side stand switch.

Reconnect the spark plug leads.

10. Position the left hand footrest mounting bar to the
frame and engine.
Note:
• Rocket III shown, Rocket III Classic and Touring
are similar.
11. Fit and tighten the bar's mounting fixings to 27 Nm.

This may sound as a bs question to not even be asked. But does anyone know if its possible to get around having to tighten the adjuster collars?
...im only equipped enough to get to tightening the adjusters and a final tourque to the rear. .sittin here with a fairly far along put together project. Haha be nice if theres a way or trick to get me outta this appreciate n cheers

Attachments

• 16199584136864537738443410234623.jpg
    16199584136864537738443410234623.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 19
I don't have the castle nut sockets either...I use a drift and a medium sized gympie...a dab or two of loctite and away you go.
Well thats a relief. Still somewhat lost id say. But thanks. As of now im even having potential difficulties trying to tourque the adjusters only in at 3.6 ft lbs...haha they jus keep movin in!

Well thats a relief. Still somewhat lost id say. But thanks. As of now im even having potential difficulties trying to tourque the adjusters only in at 3.6 ft lbs...haha they jus keep movin in!so iv jus stopped wehere the bottom adjuster is seemingly way to far in and at the top continuing to tourque with no end in sight?

Attachments

• 1619960982725608264590949123471.jpg
    1619960982725608264590949123471.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 1619961017073259133259712175429.jpg
    1619961017073259133259712175429.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 14
The adjusters should go in just far enough so they can hold a little tension on the motor (if u keep turning u r spreading the frame apart)
Leaving the nut loose would cause trouble.
Looking at the pics the adjuster is in to far u need to back both of them off and start over.
This is only what i would do if i did not have the torque wrench.
I would turn it in till it seats then turn in 1/4 to 1/2 turn.
On mine the estimated space between the casel nut and the bolt that goes thru the frame is .200 to .250 (do not have my calipers at home.

The adjusters should go in just far enough so they can hold a little tension on the motor (if u keep turning u r spreading the frame apart)
Looking at the pics the adjuster is in to far u need to back both of them off and start over.
On mine the estimated space between the casel nut and the bolt that goes thru the frame is .200 to .250 (do not have my calipers at home.

Thanks so much man. I definetly didnt feel as if this was how it was sposed to feel and be tourquing down!.
Im just gonna go out soon here and get a descent tourgue wrench that reads nm and can perform at lower required tourques..haha im already this far in! Mine as well do it right!
So if i understand right you are supposed to only turn the hex head threaded adjuster first before having to circle around for fiddling with the castle nut correct?

Back