One thing to remember Guys is that this just "started" happening, this was 28th December.
Prior to this nothing was changed, either hardware or software.

The gear position sensor has been out of play for some time (Need to strip the Engine to sort that) I've simply bridged the wires for the side stand switch, but still pull the clutch to start.

O.K. it's now 5.30PM Sunday afternoon, I've just gotten home from a 250Km ride.

YAH ! The beast is back !
Starts, idles, revs, runs just like it is supposed to.
The one thing I can notice is, we still have Andrews Throttle Body assembly on the bike with the secondary throttle plates still in place, tho' set at 100%, I can feel the restriction, (my throttle bodies have the plates removed) To me, it is noticeable that extra hardware being in place.

So, what fixed the problem ? Andrew will be along shortly to sum up.

So a big thank you to Andrew, and to all you Guys for your input.
Some things that were suggested weren't applicable or relevant, but it made us think ! and some times think outside the square even if we then discounted it.
We've both learnt a lot.

There is a separate ignition table. Have you tried modifying the tune by copying the neutral ignition table I(N) to I3? You can also copy F1 to F3 and L1 to L3. That way the values at idle are the same despite the gear selector sensor. You may not want to drive the bike this way but you can check idle speed and quality.

Sounds like you have checked everything else.

My bad, Speedy the neutral table is an ignition table not a fuel table too early this morning when i was posting, no issues with the ignition

OK guys especially @Claviger and @Penner this is what we did, bit unorthodox but it worked.

Couldn't spend too much time today on bike as I would be moving a bed in there soon and had weeds to pull in garden.

We connected Tune ECU started bike, I noticed the "throttle" voltage was 0.64, and it was doing its low idle as normal around 650rpm (set for 850rpm in ECU), we loosened TPS nut and forced the TPS around (this was difficult as it was jumping around a bit but effectively did it by shouting at each other while one person watched the screen when it got close we nipped it up was then set at 0.61V and the idle was at 850rpm or thereabouts.

Stopping and restarting the bike and it started like it should jumped into life instantly, then settled to set idle no issues. Did this a few times and it seemed good, the manifold pressures were also lower at around 620 now so it felt right, revved clean from this too and resettles nicely.

I then thought aha I'll do a TPS and ISM reset and what do you know? the TPS was 0.61V and the ISM was 0.73, without any adjustment.

Then the AT sensor started getting hot sitting in the garage so we packed it in and Paul went riding, I went back to my gardening chores:(. There was one bright side to the gardening chores though I found an old electric leaf blower in the shed and I'm going to relocate it to the garage to create airflow on the bikes:thumbsup::thumbsup: when working as the AT sensor got close to 50C yesterday and that also messes things up when trying to tune.

Thanks again for everyone's input into this, thought I was losing the plot at one stage, I understand Tune ECU (mostly) and know how EFI works but nothing was playing the game.

Glad you got it sorted, so, TPS it was!!

That little bastard sensor has been the source of so many a captains headaches it really makes one think “There has to be a better way!”.

Glad you got it sorted, so, TPS it was!!

That little bastard sensor has been the source of so many a captains headaches it really makes one think “There has to be a better way!”.

What annoyed me most is that we had two different TPS's and two different ISM's and got the same result. Don't think any of the parts were faulty but the balance wasn't right between TPS & ISM in future not going to stress over the 0.6V/0.72V thing and just set a differential that works.

Exactly why in my video when the second value comes in at .70, I literally say “**** it”, because I know it works lol.

Back