My understanding is that the newer OEM (Triumph) tip over bars are built a lot stronger than the earlier bars. For application of highway pegs with above average personal weight this is good (just in case you're inclined to stand up on the highway pegs). The OEM bars extend further outward and have a greater vertical line than do the Rivco bars. For greater protection and a vertical line nearer to the radiator vertical line, I suggest the OEM bars.

In the unlikely event of a tip over, I believe the Rivco bars will not protect the floorboards from scraping.

The OEM front bars do not extend any further outward than the rear OEM bars (in front of the saddle bags) and have the same vertical lines. Neat.

Last edited:
My understanding is that the newer OEM (Triumph) tip over bars are built a lot stronger than the earlier bars. For application of highway pegs with above average personal weight this is good (just in case you're inclined to stand up on the highway pegs). The OEM bars extend further outward and have a greater vertical line than do the Rivco bars. For greater protection and a vertical line nearer to the radiator vertical line, I suggest the OEM bars.

In the unlikely event of a tip over, I believe the Rivco bars will not protect the floorboards from scraping.

The OEM front bars do not extend any further outward than the rear OEM bars (in front of the saddle bags) and have the same vertical lines. Neat.

Thank you again, helpfull

I have the Rivco bars and when I dropped mine at ES last summer in the motel parking lot, it laid over about 40 degrees and that's it. The floorboards folded up and my ego shrank. Thank goodness for Gunshots, Rusty and Snuff.

Having said that, the Rivco bars were a ****ty fit on my bike. I had to modify the lower mounts with a die grinder to get them to fit, one reason I don't carry Rivco on my website. I want a satisified customer, not a pissed off one.

Back