Congratulations and welcome to the ranks of the sort of retired. I happily took a part time job at a bike shop. Don't "need" the money, but it's handy and I sort of enjoy it. Have knocked back some gigs but decided I didn't mind working hard, just didn't want a hard job. It's a nice state of mind.

Congrats Atomsplitter!

I retired three years ago. It has been a mixed bag for me. On the one hand I have done things and met people I would not have if I was not retired, I miss being able to buy a new motorcycle whenever I wanted, which was about every year. I love buying a new motorcycle, it is one of the great joys of life, and there are some fantastic bikes out there that I am drooling over. But, you don't know what you've got till its gone.....oh well. Fortunately, i wisely bought one of the greatest bikes of all time and, and even after eight years, still get a big kick out it just looking at it let alone riding it. The Rocket has such a presence, and of course performance, that still keeps me thinking I was just a little bit insane when I bought it.

Good luck!

Thanks one and all. I'm pretty stoked about the next few months. Then Spring and all bets are off..........

Kudos and a caveat, as well... Per Woody Allen in Annie Hall, Take care not to mellow out too much, for when we do, we tend to ripen and then we rot!:D

Back