Electrical gurus and Rocket masters help greatly needed/appreciated

i am thinking that it is hook up if u r getting any info but the rest u need a tuneecu expert which i am not.
well, will all come down to doin them touchups and ultimately testing the speedo malfunction circuit with your speed sensor idea along with cycling the ign. on/off to see bout that id think:)
everytime ive used my lonelec obd2 plug, will admit iv only used a non approved usb to micro C adapter for android. this never interferred with diagnostic checks before other than no ability to download....just now ordered lonelec approved adapter to make all without doubts.. lookin into current license updates also?

well, will all come down to doin them touchups and ultimately testing the speedo malfunction circuit with your speed sensor idea along with cycling the ign. on/off to see bout that id think:)
everytime ive used my lonelec obd2 plug, will admit iv only used a non approved usb to micro C adapter for android. this never interferred with diagnostic checks before other than no ability to download....just now ordered lonelec approved adapter to make all without doubts.. lookin into current license updates also?
so to update, ive completed all the various checks and theres still a no go of the diagnostic/warning light indicaror circuit system working properly.
To clarify and reiterate> did fully charge battery/ tidy up terminals etc.
>all fuses were checked multiple times=good
>relays seem to be working right+installed properly
>disconnected road speed sensor
>disconnected speedo tach wire harness for 10 or so minutes
>reinstalled battery
reconnected instrument harness/then speedos harness connection=quick indicator lights on function/then off
**switched ignition on=normal gauge sweep and all lights on
**started up instantly n beautifully aggressive;) =low oil pressure light extinguished a sec or 2 later/let run for maybe a minute=no engine malfunction light
**turned ignition off and on to start and repeat this cycle 4 more times= no sign of malfunction light or diagnostic system working
>>from here my fathers more skilled hands were able to crack the speedo open carefully= showing no visual signs of circuit board damage( referring to ever so light smoke i thought i saw comin from somewhere when these issues initially began?) so there was no sign of scorching or burns etc.
**from here visually checked various harness connections. and did come across a few previously installed bare wires within a few of the main wire harness's "large nest" of connections directly under front of gas tank and frame....heres a picture of a connector that leads to a few exposed wires as an example?

Attachments

• 20210717_011401_1.jpg
    20210717_011401_1.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 13
So to wrap this thread up to any interested readers. It did end up soley being a speedo malfunction! As I came across a reasonably local, speciality speedo repair shop from another posters findings on a related thread. It was diagnosed to be that the sp days for older models? internal circuit board just weseent bad! Was a tad pricey but. No more the cost of purchasing a new mph speedo new from triumph....which i believe is increasingly harder to find these days for older models?
POWLS SPEEDOMETER REPAIR.would recommend anytime! I may be mistaken. But i think they even threw in a free ecm upgrade?! Cause i swear to the lord its night and day faster! Id guess possibley removed hidden restrictions tune ecu wasnt picking up?

So to wrap this thread up to any interested readers. It did end up soley being a speedo malfunction! As I came across a reasonably local, speciality speedo repair shop from another posters findings on a related thread. It was diagnosed to be that the sp days for older models? internal circuit board just weseent bad! Was a tad pricey but. No more the cost of purchasing a new mph speedo new from triumph....which i believe is increasingly harder to find these days for older models?
POWLS SPEEDOMETER REPAIR.would recommend anytime! I may be mistaken. But i think they even threw in a free ecm upgrade?! Cause i swear to the lord its night and day faster! Id guess possibley removed hidden restrictions tune ecu wasnt picking up?
Great success story and will keep that repair shop in mind.

Great success story and will keep that repair shop in mind.
What was also nice is they kept me in the loop of what foreseen costs were and all. As in a $150 initial diagnostic fee to route the exact issue causing my gremlins. And from there it was told the circuit board was bad and needed to be replaced. I agreed to a grand total of $560, but hey its a reasonable price in my bike having top quality work done! FYI yes i can communicate as normal with tune ecu and my ecm, and all warning inicators operating as they should

What was also nice is they kept me in the loop of what foreseen costs were and all. As in a $150 initial diagnostic fee to route the exact issue causing my gremlins. And from there it was told the circuit board was bad and needed to be replaced. I agreed to a grand total of $560, but hey its a reasonable price in my bike having top quality work done! FYI yes i can communicate as normal with tune ecu and my ecm, and all warning inicators operating as they should
Quality work can be hard to find these days... and worth every penny!
-MIG

Back