ECU update or PC V?

Chip_Morgan

Standard Bore
Ride
Triumph Rocket III Touring
I have a completely stock 2014 R3 Touring and I want to make some (small) changes.

I want to put on new pipes so I can at least hear the motor running, I want to update my air filter (K&N) and I want to remap the ignition so it doesn't run so lean.

My question(s):

Is the TORS system better than the D&D slip-ons? What do the TORS pipes cost from the dealer?

Is an EDU flash upgrade as good as using a PC V (disregard the cost difference)?

Does the K&N free flowing filter (under the seat in the stock air can) flow more air than the stock filter?

Thanks,

Chip

I can't really comment on the pipes as I have used neither of them.

The underseat, and undertank, K&N will .not give you much benefit as far as flow goes. Triple K&N filters, or triple UniFilters, or a RamAir system will give you the best result. Any of those options will also make maintenance a LOT easier because you will be able to access everything under the tank

I HIGHLY recommend getting TuneECU so you can flash the ECU whenever you want without having to bother (or pay) the dealer. You can also do a whole bunch of other maintenance and checks as well. In addition, I also recommend getting PCV/AT. If you then ask Hans0 nicely for maps for both the ECU and the PCV/AT I am sure that he will set you up well. That way you will never have to worry about changing pipes or filters again as your bike will automatically adjust itself when you do. Very much worth the investment, IMHO.

The D&D pipes have a bigger opening through the exhaust than the TORS do, so they probably flow a little better. They seem to be somewhat louder too. I don't own a pair, BTW, just gleened this all from poking around the web and considering swapping to D&D.

I can't really comment on the pipes as I have used neither of them.

The underseat, and undertank, K&N will .not give you much benefit as far as flow goes. Triple K&N filters, or triple UniFilters, or a RamAir system will give you the best result. Any of those options will also make maintenance a LOT easier because you will be able to access everything under the tank

I HIGHLY recommend getting TuneECU so you can flash the ECU whenever you want without having to bother (or pay) the dealer. You can also do a whole bunch of other maintenance and checks as well. In addition, I also recommend getting PCV/AT. If you then ask Hans0 nicely for maps for both the ECU and the PCV/AT I am sure that he will set you up well. That way you will never have to worry about changing pipes or filters again as your bike will automatically adjust itself when you do. Very much worth the investment, IMHO.

Thanks, that's exactly the kind of information I needed...appreciate it!

Back