Dyno Tuner- What to Look For ???

I would advise a plethora of dated photos ! remember , they strap your bike down on the dyno and one second of absent mindedness with the strap ends can cause damage . especially to ceramic coating on a CES header ! If you have dated photo evidence of the condition your bike goes in , any dinks or abrasions in your paintwork cannot then be denied . I learned this the hard way !

I’m several weeks away from installing Lush cams and pistons and need to settle on a tuner.

@Dr.D has recommended a good tuner a couple of hours away from me, but it sounds like a long interstate ride would not be the best break-in plan and getting a trailer and hitch is going to be a real hassle (but ultimately doable, if need be).

I just learned that there is actually a local shop that has a dyno. They work mostly on Harleys (does it matter- procedure all the same?) and I have no idea of their level of expertise.

What do I need to know about their equipment and experience in order to make an intelligent decision as to whether or not to go with them? If this works out, a 10 minute ride to their dyno machine would sure make this part a heck of a lot easier.

Side note: I'm waiting on install parts from Triumph ordered through Hermys. I do like those guys, but of course a lot of what I need they did not have in stock, so wait, wait, wait.... I broke a clutch cable last week and they didn’t have that either (really?), so I cancelled my order with them (it became a special order from England) and got a stock one in two days from Barnett Racing.

It seems like the business model for Triumph shops (maybe all motorcycle brands) is that we are all recreational riders and waiting on parts is just a minor inconvenience to our weekend “hobby.” It’s more than that for those of us who use their bike, year round, to get to work and back.

Well, it’s my post and I’m already off topic- sorry.:banghead: Dyno- what do I need to know? Thanks!

take your dream ride to nels in NW washington ( 2WHEELS DYNOWORKS 4252695332 he will do wonder on your bike has done many tunes on rocket including mine

I unerstand that... but isn't it why you .ride :D beside you'd be in .BULLSTER BACKYARD SO TO SPEAK.....
Since I still have to run a dental office getting enough time for a bike ride like that is difficult. I mean extremely expensive in lost revenue and possible loss of clients.:(

Since I still have to run a dental office getting enough time for a bike ride like that is difficult. I mean extremely expensive in lost revenue and possible loss of clients.:(

Yup, I had to miss Arkansas, people were really nice, offered to help out, but it wasn't necessarily the cost of the trip, the bigger issue was the lost revenue from being off two weeks.

Do these Rockets have speed density efi or Alpha N? I know from personal experience and great expense a good dyno turner is worth every penny you pay and every mile you travel.
Spark and fuel will be optimized for every throttle position and load (if speed density).
Hence power, economy and rideability at EVERY throttle position is as good as you can have it.
Whats not to love?

Back