Lent doesn't start until Feb 26. :p
See - that's the advantage of being agnostic. Nobody tells you when not to eat.

After 10 years with the R3 - I have simply accepted (I'm a slow learner) : I was not made to sit with my feet forward. Some of this is almost certainly that I have a twist in my spine and feel the jolts more maybe. But also I like to grip the tank with my knees in the twisties.

My old Guzzi - which I have had almost 40 years - has a sort of hibrid position (factory) - similar to "modern" adventure type bikes. Rode it through the Alps often stood up on the pegs. Back then I had a police single seat on. These days she sits resplendent and original. Except slightly higher bars - which will have to be returned stock one day - because!. Yup I still have the originals!

The KTM is a very light lean forward. It's actually close to perfect for me. Despite what many consider a slab seat - But I do get what you say - My Buell S3 was too lent forward on standard bars. And clip-ons are a memory of bygone days.

I guess I should go and try more bikes - but I'm adverse to wasting salesmen's time when I have no real interest. And I don't think you ever get a true feel for a bike in a test ride. An inkling? - sure. I'm also not big on changing about too much.

If I'm honest - I could probably potter about happily on an @idk curry burner (and I do like the Himalayan) - but I do like having more power than I really need.

Agreed about the butt behind the feet. Jolts from our crap roads & highways are much harder on the back. When the knees and hips go to heck, it's very hard to be comfortable with your feet behind your butt - as they really should be.

Back