Does Triumph build Rocket 2020's in UK?

Yes, I am only hoping to get the fact where the bike I can buy now in shop, today, is actually made. Should dealership have that info?

My French dealership delivered me a made in UK R3 GT 2020 early June. He told me that the next ones, he will receive, starting in September, will come from Thailand.

Hi all
Just to throw another curved ball into the ring, my new Rocket (which incidentally I am at last collecting today .......... YES!!) has a VIN number that shows it was manufactured in Manaus Brazil but it also has a year number 5 which identifies it as a 2005 bike (I don't think so!).
When I ordered the bike (eons ago pre Covid 19) my dealer told me that all 2020 Rockets would be built in the UK. I have asked him again where it was built and he fudged the question saying he thinks only assembly is done in the plants abroad but parts come from all over the place, he said some Rockets have been built in the UK and some abroad but he doesn't know which!
Personally I don't care where it was built, there are good and bad technicians everywhere. I believe that it's the research and development that matter since that is what gives the bike its character and in this case it's Britishness.

Hi all
Just to throw another curved ball into the ring, my new Rocket (which incidentally I am at last collecting today .......... YES!!) has a VIN number that shows it was manufactured in Manaus Brazil but it also has a year number 5 which identifies it as a 2005 bike (I don't think so!).
When I ordered the bike (eons ago pre Covid 19) my dealer told me that all 2020 Rockets would be built in the UK. I have asked him again where it was built and he fudged the question saying he thinks only assembly is done in the plants abroad but parts come from all over the place, he said some Rockets have been built in the UK and some abroad but he doesn't know which!
Personally I don't care where it was built, there are good and bad technicians everywhere. I believe that it's the research and development that matter since that is what gives the bike its character and in this case it's Britishness.
Where do i find a "VIN-decoder" online? Not that they seem accurate, but just for the sake of it :)

Back