Does anyone have any knowledge or advice on Helix?

Those pipes look very much like DP s out of England . Dave platt is an exhaust manufacturer and R3 owner . He sells a lot of those pipes worldwide . He also makes a shorter set called outlaws and the original Shorts for the classic and tourer . The pipes in the picture are DP custom silencers , the sales pitch says 10 to 15 hp increase with no remapping required . Go to Dave Platt on utube and there is a sound clip with a rocket . Also DP performance exhausts on ebay . Those pipes do sound wicked . I wouldn change them !

The new short set for standards on ebay appears to use a very old and not particularly efficient cat bypass for the standard with one hole blocked off.
That's for the rocket 3 standard and classic and I can't comment on those but the DP custom silencers for the roadster are different beasts altogether as are the DP outlaws . The roadster silencers are slip ons and best used with link pipe and the DP outlaws come with 2 " bore link pipe !

That's for the rocket 3 standard and classic and I can't comment on those but the DP custom silencers for the roadster are different beasts altogether as are the DP outlaws . The roadster silencers are slip ons and best used with link pipe and the DP outlaws come with 2 " bore link pipe !
Yup saw the Outlaws - Wrote to DP asking for details - no reply. They should also fit Standards - but clearance of that link pipe for E-Max's is what I was trying to see.

Yup saw the Outlaws - Wrote to DP asking for details - no reply. They should also fit Standards - but clearance of that link pipe for E-Max's is what I was trying to see.
He ain't forthright with his replys but he does eventually . I think he is a small outfit and very busy . The outlaws are one of the best sounding pipes out there in my opinion , having heard them . I just prefer the look of my tors . I'm pretty sure the link pipe would give the clearance ? But that is a question he could answer ! I believe another business line he has is doing ww1 battlefield tours which would explain why he takes so long to email back !

I had a reply pretty quickly from Dave and was very interested in the pipes but like Nat67 preferref the OEM look of the Tors plus they were about half the price. Tors are just that bit louder (deeper) than stock which was what I was after. Lots of positive comments though on Dave's pipes.

Back