Do I need two of these to be confidant? Jack Scissor Lift Bike Lifter

Ishrub

That's my name ....built like a truck
Ride
2x2010 ABS Roadsters, Sprint ST 1050 ABS, 3x250s
Do I need two of these to be confidant? Jack Scissor Lift Bike Lifter :
Motorcycle Jack Scissor Lift Bike Lifter Stand Hoist Quad Motorbike

Received offer for one AUD 100.00 (US$75) delivered.
Link Removed

Mechanically Operated Motorcycle Scissor lift 500KG Capacity

A necessity for any motorcycle enthusiast.
If you service, maintain, repair or restore a motorcycle then you need to position it so that it can be worked on.
Ideal for raising the bike either on the ground OR on our commercial grade table lifts.
Features:

• Solid compact bike kift, suitable for workshop use.
  • Can be placed under the frame, engine or swing arms
  • Lifting Surface (LxWxH) 450 x 150 x 90mm
  • Lifting Capacity: 500kg
  • Maximum Height 50cm
  • Working weight 14.5kg

Last edited:
You should consider a hydraulic lift that lifts in the rear of the engine (under the frame lugs designed to lift on) and under the front also. This balances the bike nicely front to back. Ie, a wider lift with two lifting surfaces.

The lifting adapter is important though so you get the rear a little higher than the front.

Basically this and a lift adapter of some kind, DIY or store-bought (though I only know of one adapter plate and that's a German one from Kern-Stabi; have it, love it.)

Black Widow Hydraulic Motorcycle / ATV Jack BW-0101 | DiscountRamps.com

Go to discount Ramps. com Black Widow Motorcycle Lift Jack | MC-JACK | DiscountRamps.com I only need one of these to lift the R3R. Why do you think you need two?

Lifting Surface (LxWxH) 450 x 150 x 90mm - I don't want a teetering Rocket falling on me or anything else.
As cr0ft said "This balances the bike nicely front to back. Ie, a wider lift with two lifting surfaces."

Great price on this @cr0ft, but freight to Oz would be a killer. Black Widow Hydraulic Motorcycle / ATV Jack BW-0101 | DiscountRamps.com Have to find one closer to home for similar price.

Stay clear of Black Widow products, the customer service sucks big time.
The quality of the scooter (that I bought) was not even of Chinese quality it was as if two monkeys f**king made it, I would rather bang a syphilis whore than buy anything from black widow.

I would suggest an engine hyd. lift and lifting straps ............Harbor Fright

Lift the rear by the shocks......front from the forks..........or the frame

You can not kick it over if you tried......1000x safer that any M/C jack I have ever used.

Lifting Surface (LxWxH) 450 x 150 x 90mm - I don't want a teetering Rocket falling on me or anything else.
As cr0ft said "This balances the bike nicely front to back. Ie, a wider lift with two lifting surfaces."

Great price on this @cr0ft, but freight to Oz would be a killer. Black Widow Hydraulic Motorcycle / ATV Jack BW-0101 | DiscountRamps.com Have to find one closer to home for similar price.
I was showing you a similar lift for less money and a heavier capacity. If you are lifting off the floor the ATV Jack works great. I am lifting off a hydraulic lift. The black Widow jack is perfect and less money for what I need and what I thought you were looking for.

Go to discount Ramps. com Black Widow Motorcycle Lift Jack | MC-JACK | DiscountRamps.com I only need one of these to lift the R3R. Why do you think you need two?

I was showing you a similar lift for less money and a heavier capacity. If you are lifting off the floor the ATV Jack works great. I am lifting off a hydraulic lift. The black Widow jack is perfect and less money for what I need and what I thought you were looking for.

I just read your link and viewed the photos and it dawned on me Doh! that the jack is only to lift one wheel of the ground at a time. I had assumed because it was flat and level on top it was intended to lift both wheels off the ground at the same time, hence my concern at it falling off. Those photos don't appear on the one I posted (no doubt Chinese made as probably the Black Widow is too) or any other similar ones I have seen on Australian eBay. The 500Kg rating is same as 1100lb and at the equivalent of US$75 delivered here in Australia it is even cheaper than the Black Widow version posted at US$70 + US$18 US domestic shipping = US$88.

Thanks for everyone's input I'll order one of the offered ones today. Should save a few dollars when doing rear tyre changes by taking wheel off myself. The fronts are fitted free here with tyre price and not planning to touch the front forks etc for a while as just had upgraded springs, oil change and new seals and dust caps fitted a month ago.

Last edited:
Hydraulic jacks with two "skids" on them, front/back, can usually be had at pretty bargain basement prices but of course the quality is usually pretty iffy.

I saw this at a bike show and basically fell in lust, if you can do that over a hydraulic jack. It's amazing, but for 500 euros it bloody well better be.

| BAHCO

Back