Do I have the Roadster screen?

:cool:Sounds good. Thank ya'll so much for the help. It's bike night tonight at Southside Cafe in Slidell, La. It's a first for the Rocket. I can't wait to hear the "oohs" and "aahs"!!!!

If you do decide to get yourself a taller Clearview screen, factor in that there is currently a 6-8week wait after you have placed your order.

I have the Roadster screen originally with no lower and was getting a headache from the beating.

Being the eternal tinkerer, I :

-raised the screen with a 3"x5" alum plates
-installed a mid wind deflector behind headlight holes (reduces back pressure in behind screen)
-made my own policarbonate lowers after signal relocation (note havn't rounded them off yet.).
-laminar lip (I think it does help some)

NO BS: I can ride at 160km (Zumo GPS speed) Triumph speedo read 175km's (always optimistic).... with my flip up hemet in the up position and not get knocked around.
I'm 6'3" the screen is a a level were I an see 25' ahead of bike.

Link Removed
Link Removed

Test Woody's before buying polycarbonate

Link Removed

One from rider view

Link Removed

Cheers,

Captn' Chrispy

The only problem with raising the windshield and adding a lower, separate slice of polycarbonate is what HD encountered with their old style windshields and that is bugs and crap will migrated between the 2 pieces of polycarbonate film at speed and park there necessitating removal for cleaning.

To each his own, but I don't care for the lip thing. The more layers you add between your line of vision and the road, the more opacity you have. That's apparent in your picture, the foggy look through the shield. Your second, lower sheet over the headlights isn't in your line of vision, the lip is. Having a clear line of sight 25 feet in front of the bike is about 1/100 of a second at 70 mph. Not even enough time for your brain to react to anything let alone activate your muscles to do anything about it.

I too, like the wood lowers. I'll pass on the top part.

I'm 5' 12" and the lowers ,although they are sort of an eye sore, absolutely work for me. The first thing I did with the roadster screen was to jack it up about an inch. If you look at the black mounting bracket, you'll be able to figure out how to do it.

Back