Disable ABS? (2.5L)

1BadRocket

.020 Over
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 GT
Has anyone figured out how to turn ABS off? Obviously I can disable traction control, but the bike will not wheelie... not even pop a wheelie, much less power wheelie. Anyone else have success?

ABS has nothing to do with wheelie control.

Wheelie control is done by either traction control or wheel speed sensors. You may have a setting called wheelie control somewhere, but it uses one of the two mentioned systems to either cut throttle, spark or tap the brakes... but only after the wheel is already up

*Edit* To answer the ABS question... you would need to go into the custom ride mode to turn it off.

ABS has nothing to do with wheelie control.

Wheelie control is done by either traction control or wheel speed sensors. You may have a setting called wheelie control somewhere, but it uses one of the two mentioned systems to either cut throttle, spark or tap the brakes... but only after the wheel is already up

Thank you for your input. There is only TC and ABS. I would normally agree about ABS not affecting wheelies... but, even with TC disabled, I can not make this thing pop even a 2” wheelie.... that’s even popping the clutch at 3000 rpm in first gear...

(FYI.. I can wheelie my BMW R1200 GS Adventure and my old GSXR1000 as far as you care to watch...)

I see some press coverage articles and video of them doing a fair amount of hooliganism... how did they defeat the electronics?!!

Thank you for your input. There is only TC and ABS. I would normally agree about ABS not affecting wheelies... but, even with TC disabled, I can not make this thing pop even a 2” wheelie.... that’s even popping the clutch at 3000 rpm in first gear...

(FYI.. I can wheelie my BMW R1200 GS Adventure and my old GSXR1000 as far as you care to watch...)

I see some press coverage articles and video of them doing a fair amount of hooliganism... how did they defeat the electronics?!!

I suppose it is possible they are using the ABS ring & sensor as the wheel speed differential indicators...

If it’s like the new cars they have software called torque management, not sure if they use it on bikes yet! But almost every newer high power car has this!

If it’s like the new cars they have software called torque management, not sure if they use it on bikes yet! But almost every newer high power car has this!
Torque was limited on the old Rockets using the secondary throttle plates. With the new R3 with ride by wire, it’s done electronically. You’d have the least restriction in Sport mode. I don’t see any wheelie control in their literature. You’d think if they had it, they would mention it and allow you to disable it. With this torque, you should be able to wheelie from a rolling start.

Even torque limited by rpm in the ecu can be overcome with clutch fanning. The R3, like most other higher end motorcycles, uses an IMU to determine yaw, pitch and roll. It then applies the programmed method of correction... as above, that is traction control by way of brakes or power management.

The manual indicates that ABS can be disabled. You would maybe have to disable both abs and tc (rider specific mode) to wheelie the bike. And the tc, and most likely abs is a temp setting. It will reset after you shut the bike down. I haven’t looked specifically at this bike, but many use wheel speed for multiple systems. I.e. abs and tc.

ABB18028-60F2-413B-B7C2-603E4943C60E.png

How many miles have you done? - I know on other marques that certain features will not disable fully even if switched off for the first 1000 miles or so. This is to prevent mechanical oopsies!.

go into rider mode and you should be able to disable it there, but even in sport mode, that front end should come up, i brought it up in 1rst, 2nd and 3rd last week, and i wasn't trying to, it just kind of happened that way, disabling the TC gives you some nice burn outs as well

Back