Different Tank Badges for our Rockets

TRIUMPHANT

Dazza VFFV
Ride
2009 Rocket 3, 1987 Heritage Softail
Has anyone tried to add a different style Triumph tank badge to their ride at all.

I have a 2009 Rocket and the Simplistic writing IMO just doesn't do it for me.

SO just wondering whether anyone has had a dabble in fitting any of the newer tank badges or any other badge for that matter that is a wee bit chunkier than the TRIUMPH in written format that went up until 2010?

If you have any piccies and how you did it would be great to hear back from you ..

Cheers

Dazz

PS - Mine is a 2009 Rocket Standard, not a R3T...but if an R3T badge fits ...pipe up :p :thumbsup:

image.jpg I shared the same opinion as you. I couldn't find an alternative badge, so I removed the tank and had the script painted on a cleared. 13 touring

image.jpg I shared the same opinion as you. I couldn't find an alternative badge, so I removed the tank and had the script painted on a cleared. 13 touring

Thanks for that Jody - might be what I have to do either that or buy one of each of a few different badges ...including the bonny, storm, etc badges and see if any of them fit the shape of the rocket 3 standard tank. Most of them are self adhesive taped on and I presume easy enough to take off the locating lugs and add a dob of silicone.

Thanks - nice work....

Thanks for that Jody - might be what I have to do either that or buy one of each of a few different badges ...including the bonny, storm, etc badges and see if any of them fit the shape of the rocket 3 standard tank. Most of them are self adhesive taped on and I presume easy enough to take off the locating lugs and add a dob of silicone.

Thanks - nice work....
I had a 12 tbird prior to getting the r3. I didn't care for the badges for that bike either. I ended up picking up some badges for a r3 roadster (they were self adhesive, all plastic)... I liked the style of them but they didn't really fit the contour of the tank until I popped them in the oven at low temperature and pressed them against the tank. It worked out really well, but I was pretty nervous during the entire process. I'm sorry I couldn't of helped out more.

I had a 12 tbird prior to getting the r3. I didn't care for the badges for that bike either. I ended up picking up some badges for a r3 roadster (they were self adhesive, all plastic)... I liked the style of them but they didn't really fit the contour of the tank until I popped them in the oven at low temperature and pressed them against the tank. It worked out really well, but I was pretty nervous during the entire process. I'm sorry I couldn't of helped out more.

LMAO - cheers Jody...yeah you could have ended up with a shrinky... do you remember years ago (showing my age) where you put a packet of twisties or potato chips in the oven and it shrunk the packet as a kid --- then you could make a key ring out of it...
Might have been a weird Aussie thing? Hehehe ;-)

You should check out the nice paint on the tank of Ponters' bike. Unlike Captain Jack, he went for the Meridan (old) logo, as did Jody Hall above.

Back