Did your 2020+ Rocket 3 Instrument Cluster glass crack?

Did your 2020+ Rocket 3 Instrument Cluster glass crack?

• Total voters
Mine has been ok so far but when I discovered that folk were having this problem I looked at the assembly on my bike to give it some thought, and what came immediately to mind was that the instrument housing is rigidly mounted to the bike.
There doesn't appear to be any vibration damping built into the thing.
A recipe for dodgy reliability, I would say.
It doesn't mate sense to me that this sort of componentry is subjected to vibration.

*** Update to my above statement ***
Now that I have taken apart mounting assembly to discover that the assembly does appear to incorporate rubber iso-mounts.
That said, I still feel that the cluster housing is too rigidly mounted for the vibration and shock forces to be fully absorbed into those iso-mounts.

I can also see that it is possible for the cluster to rotate on the mounting bolts if they are not fully tight, so hitting a sharp bump in the road could see the cluster slamming down to the lower limit of angle adjustment, for example. That might perhaps be enough to send a killer shock wave through the cluster housing and crack the glass.......maybe??
I've rotated my cluster to the lower limit and made sure the two bolts are nice and tight so the cluster can't be rotated by hand without loosening the bolts. Hopefully for now at least, my cluster will remain crack free.... fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Back