Diamond Cut Wheels

Powder coating is pretty expensive i think. Triumph should already have done it.
Yeah it is a bit of a concern that a British manufacturer doesn’t really consider the British weather. I took it to the dealer, which is 2 hours away, and the salt from the road had left deposits on my bike...so they automatically tried to palm it off.
I’m an Inspection Engineer by trade...so that got blown out of the water quick smart.
Currently doing the same with Triumph direct via email....we’ll see if it gets me any place.
Getting them recoated at my own expense maybe the end result.

Yeah it is a bit of a concern that a British manufacturer doesn’t really consider the British weather. I took it to the dealer, which is 2 hours away, and the salt from the road had left deposits on my bike...so they automatically tried to palm it off.
I’m an Inspection Engineer by trade...so that got blown out of the water quick smart.
Currently doing the same with Triumph direct via email....we’ll see if it gets me any place.
Getting them recoated at my own expense maybe the end result.
They are unlikely to do it. they have your money now.

It would appear Triumph are replacing the wheels under warranty. Result!
I took delivery of mine in February this year, 4 months old with 300 miles on it, and have been riding mine occasionally since February this year and so it has seen salt a few times, although I always rinse it of with the hosepipe before parking it up. There is some light marking on the "shiny" parts of the wheels which has **ssed me off a bit. It wouldn't be too bad if you could get at the areas concerned, but in reality the only way is to take the wheels off and remove the discs to achieve this.

I would describe the corrosion on mine as light marking. Based on my description, do you think yours are probably considerably worse than this?

I took delivery of mine in February this year, 4 months old with 300 miles on it, and have been riding mine occasionally since February this year and so it has seen salt a few times, although I always rinse it of with the hosepipe before parking it up. There is some light marking on the "shiny" parts of the wheels which has **ssed me off a bit. It wouldn't be too bad if you could get at the areas concerned, but in reality the only way is to take the wheels off and remove the discs to achieve this.

I would describe the corrosion on mine as light marking. Based on my description, do you think yours are probably considerably worse than this?
The black coating was essentially starting to lightly bubble at the extreme edge of the rim. I also noted discolouration to a few of the spokes, so potentially worse...but give it time.
All the other non coated components need Scotchbrite pads to clean them up then autosol Polish...pain in the arse if I’m honest.

The black coating was essentially starting to lightly bubble at the extreme edge of the rim. I also noted discolouration to a few of the spokes, so potentially worse...but give it time.
All the other non coated components need Scotchbrite pads to clean them up then autosol Polish...pain in the arse if I’m honest.
Actually I think the thing that pushed it across the line with Triumph is when I told them I’d approached other diamond cut refurb companies. They stated it sounded like a poor weatherproof lacquer put on at the end...plus they guaranteed they’re refurbished for a year. I pointed out to Triumph it was concerning smaller wheel companies have more faith in their workmanship.

Actually I think the thing that pushed it across the line with Triumph is when I told them I’d approached other diamond cut refurb companies. They stated it sounded like a poor weatherproof lacquer put on at the end...plus they guaranteed they’re refurbished for a year. I pointed out to Triumph it was concerning smaller wheel companies have more faith in their workmanship.
That's very interesting information......which may come in useful if my wheels deteriorate further. Up to now, I haven't seen any bubbling of the paint, just white patches on the "polished" areas, but I will keep a close eye on the paint now that I'm aware of it.
Thanks.

Back