Designing a new rear fender - winter project

Now if that extended out manually (or at the push of a button) for when it rained... for sure! đź‘Ť
Funny you should say that. My first thought was to make a fill-in fender shaped piece that could be stored somehow on the underside of the main tail piece, out of sight, but then if the weather took a turn for the worst, I could unclip it and then clip it as a sort of 'bridge' between the small hugger and the fender piece right at the back of the bike so effectively making a full length hugger.
In the end, I decided I actually didn't really like that whole swing arm mounted unit. When I dismantled it I realised just how heavy that assembly was. Definitely worth getting rid of that thing, just for the reduction of un-sprung weight if nothing else.

Funny you should say that. My first thought was to make a fill-in fender shaped piece that could be stored somehow on the underside of the main tail piece, out of sight, but then if the weather took a turn for the worst, I could unclip it and then clip it as a sort of 'bridge' between the small hugger and the fender piece right at the back of the bike so effectively making a full length hugger.
In the end, I decided I actually didn't really like that whole swing arm mounted unit. When I dismantled it I realised just how heavy that assembly was. Definitely worth getting rid of that thing, just for the reduction of un-sprung weight if nothing else.
The weight was my reasoning also. With the removal of my exhaust (cat box) and installing a verex muffler, a lithium battery, and license plate relocation and multiple carbon fibre parts, im at almot 40 pounds removed from the bike.

.....so....now i've made some adjustments after testing out the first 3d print on the bike and decided to dive straight in and print a mould tool.

Resize of IMG_20230120_101629.jpg

Resize of IMG_20230120_120000.jpg

Hey MM, yeah bro I was just checkin in, to see what you guys are up to these days, and saw this thread.
But yeah I was refering to my rear fender, but then, EVERYTHING on my Triclops is a little different huh?
Glad you're checking in my friend. Don't be so scarce. The young whipper snappers are taking over here. When I say young I mean mid 50's.:laugh:

Just posted in response to Jays thread, where I though he was givin up the ghost or something.
Yeah I gotta take a break from work, but not yet, Hopefully this year.
Man I'd love to make it to a RAA again, been years, but them generators ain't gonna build themselves.
I need a workaholic pardner

Back