Decided to get a r3 touring

The Paint is in very good condition but the chrome needs attention, rust. Will have to look up best ways to clean the chrome and polish this machine.

ok after putting a few miles on the touring my judgement is it is a great bike. Handles much better that the roadster. I dont feel like speeding, I am just happy to do 80 and cruise but if i want to pass it will do it easily. Love the presence and metal on this bike. First ride was unhappy with the handling then checked my tire pressures and had 23 in the rear and 33 front. Lean angle is good not like my stratoliner that scraped in roundabouts. Found a leak but it is just under the left side and not coming from up anywhere so will just tighten up some bolts and see. I feel I need to Keep this bike till the end. If it breaks or need work it will just get worked out. First is this winter with the heavily corroded front wheel. I will take it off and get it powder coated gloss black. Front light is anemic I ordered hid bulbs, a new air filter and a lockable gas cap only one i could find was a chinese black one but we will see. Very happy with the bike.

On the rockets with two headlights
Changing the bulbs didn't help because the low was to low and the high was to high.

The Paint is in very good condition but the chrome needs attention, rust. Will have to look up best ways to clean the chrome and polish this machine.
You will be amazed how dirty slightly rusty chrome comes up with just 0000 ultra fine steel wool.

The lockable fuel cap is a Triumph accessory and I know where one or two are for sale online. I have an 2010 R3T too.

FUEL FILLER CAP - LOCKABLE A9930170
Supplied with 2 keys
1662983965953.png

Last edited:
You will be amazed how dirty slightly rusty chrome comes up with just 0000 ultra fine steel wool.

The lockable fuel cap is a Triumph accessory and I know where one or two are for sale online. I have an 2010 R3T too.

FUEL FILLER CAP - LOCKABLE A9930170
Supplied with 2 keys
1662983965953.png
Thanks Ishrub, I guess i am bad at ebay, i looked for quite a while online. Thank you very much.

Have been busy, scrubbing this bike up, sanding, polishing, etc. Front forks were corroded and had caked on road crap, working on getting it off. Painted the underside of the passenger floor boards and tomorrow will get some chrome bolts to reattach them.

Attachments

• IMG_2309 (1).jpg
    IMG_2309 (1).jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2310 (1).jpg
    IMG_2310 (1).jpg
    65 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2313.jpg
    IMG_2313.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2312.jpg
    IMG_2312.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2311.jpg
    IMG_2311.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 23
Luckily I had some days off, today I finished buffing up the front forks, they are not perfect but much better than before. Installed the hid bulb in front headlight and scrubbed more crap of the front rim. Did order a locking gas cap and new air filter. Getting this bike in shape.

Attachments

• IMG_2320.jpg
    IMG_2320.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2322.jpg
    IMG_2322.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2323.jpg
    IMG_2323.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 24
Have been busy, scrubbing this bike up, sanding, polishing, etc. Front forks were corroded and had caked on road crap, working on getting it off. Painted the underside of the passenger floor boards and tomorrow will get some chrome bolts to reattach them.
With plenty of elbow grease I might add .

Back