Decided to get a r3 touring

Sorry about your wreck sounds like you are doing better now. Any bike should be smooth at speed and not shake, I mean vibes from the engine are expected but should not feel dangerous. I too am interested to see what you find out is the problem.
Thanks rocketbill! Seems like this vibration issue might be more common than it should be after reading this entire thread; Engine Vibration continues

Last edited:
The vibration you feel is around 3200 rpms and it goes away if u pull in the clutch in alittle?
Again, sorry for derailing this thread rocketbill.

Sadly the R3T doesn't have a tachometer which IMO is very strange and I don't know when I'll get the bike back from being serviced at the dealership but will try doing as you suggested and will then post the result. Thanks for your suggestion!

I have had a few bikes, seems I like to flip them and then miss them and get another. It is expensive but thats what extras shifts are for i guess. I have had a 2005 standard which I wrecked and then a 2018 which had a output shaft leak that the shop charged 2k for which I did not like so I sold it. Mistake should of just had it fixed and kept the bike. Well now I have an itch for a r3 touring. Any bike I get I always try to make it a touring anyway so why not just start with one. I have a fjr1300 which I love and a zx14r which I love also but am afraid one of these days it will get me in trouble. So anyway decided to buy a touring and later possibly sell the 14. Was looking at a local one and it was sold out from under me. I think I will try (for the first time) to buy and have a bike shipped to my door. Wish me luck. Currently looking at a black and creme one with 32k.
Just get one with ABS you will not be sorry. The Black and Cream is my favorite color.

Check head stem bearing adjustment and tire choice is an issue.
Nearly all have moved on from original equip Mettzler fronts with some cupping and instability issues as they age and noticed most as speeds rise.
I had that vibrating issue with the origional metzler tires. Had the front end shaking and major cupping noticed while I was riding the twisted sisters with a passenger. Rode it 5hrs back home and let it sit until I figured it out. Did some research, found out this was common of those old tires. took it to a local dealer and had them put on the new metzler cruisetec . Huge difference, handles almost like a sports bike ... but much heavier lol

Waiting, waiting, should be here on the 9th. Sold my zx14r very sad to see it go but was riding it around waaay too fast. Yes I know thats what they are for. Did 180 on it and hit a dip in the road was teleported about 4 ft over, makes you think.

Got my bike today 2013 r3 touring. Very solid bike. Really like it. Love how unique it is. Rims and lower front fork legs have a lot of corrosion. Back rim does not really matter you dont see it. The front I will either get a new-used rim or when its time to change the tire have it powder coated black. Cruises well on interstate was going 80 and felt comfortable, made a pass and hit 105 plenty of go.
thumbnail.jpg
thumbnail(2).jpg

Back