Decel popping problem

F tables.
Can’t get them to change. Does it need to be connected to ecu to change? Sorry for being a pain. This is my first attempt at tuning. I’m an old carburetor guy lol

No. Open tune ECU, then from the file menu open your tune. Go into the F-trim table and select 1800-7000 in the 0% column. Press page up 8 times.

Then go to edit and, use apply f-trims to table ,(don't check the "apply to L-table" option, it should be unchecked).

Now save it. Then send to bike.

I use the Android version on my phone instead of the laptop. Much more stable with constant updates. Just get a micro usb/usb c to USB female adaptor off the bay. I actually run John Miller's tune with TPS adjusted as specified. Seems great for me. I do get a little intake backfire very now and again when going on the throttle to a small opening from zero which normally means lean, so i might play with f-l switch and try it at 0

Android is more reliable and easier to use than windows!

I've been using TuneECU on an HP laptop, and keep one on my PC just to compare different maps.
I guess I'm going to pull out my wife's Galaxy Tablet and put the android version on it. Sounds like a much better way to go.

The Android version seems the way to go for connecting to the bike and the latest has lots more options than the non updated PC version. However depending on how small your phone screen is and how fat your fingers are, editing the map on the Android device can be done or course but i prefer the ease of PC with keyboard. So while i use the Android version to connect to bike and do all the diagnostics and downloading, I edit the tune on my PC then save it to Google drive and open it on the Android phone and send it to the bike.

Just a note on the pop itself. That is a symptom of too lean on closed throttle (last 6% of throttle opening). The F table fattened up will allow more fuel delivery on closed throttle and that should solve the popping. The popping itself is not really harmful more just annoying. Mine has a modicum of pop that I can live with, any worse and I'd tune it out.

Just a note on the pop itself. That is a symptom of too lean on closed throttle (last 6% of throttle opening). The F table fattened up will allow more fuel delivery on closed throttle and that should solve the popping. The popping itself is not really harmful more just annoying. Mine has a modicum of pop that I can live with, any worse and I'd tune it out.
I like a little pop in mine too. It also reminds me where I bought gas the last time. Hi Vee no pop. Quick Trip lotsa pop.

I actually run John Miller's tune with TPS adjusted as specified. Seems great for me. I do get a little intake backfire very now and again when going on the throttle to a small opening from zero which normally means lean, so i might play with f-l switch and try it at 0

Hey Martin I on very rare occasions get that tiny intake backfire as well but I think it's the TPS setting myself, I am going to try a couple of things before I confirm. It hasn't caused me any problems and it only does it 1 or twice during a ride and only if I blip the throttle.

Back