Decel popping problem

Waconut

.060 Over
Ride
2011 Rocket Roadster, 04 Sprint RS, 66 T100R,
Got Paul's crossover, mufflers and K&N filters all on with stock manifold. Installed a tune I got from Martin Brighton. Both roadsters are 2011. His has stock manifold with after market crossover and I believe Dave Platt mufflers. Figured it should be real close. Seams to idle fine and accelerate fine, but has severe decel popping. Anyone know of a tune that would work better or how I go about resetting things to get the popping eliminated? It's too severe to ride as is. No hesitation with throttle opening and takes awhile to come up to temp so think the rest of map isn't too lean. Looking forward to some help :)

I have almost the same setup with Staintune mufflers, crossover and pod filters on my 2011 R3. The tune I developed originally from Martins dyno tune in the resources section is running perfectly - I am not sure which tune you have from Martin but try the latest version https://www.r3owners.net/resources/2011-2011-r3r-tors-ramair-with-more-fuel-and-less-timing-in-cruise-decel-pop-added.36/

Just make sure you set the TPS and ISCV as per the notes that come with the tune file.
Thx. I saw your revised version and tried to download it tonight but it wouldn't. I think I have his original version from last year. I'm using an hp laptop with windows 10. Downloaded Martins tune a couple months ago, wondering if it's the windows version that won't let me get yours. Found a used android tablet online today and gonna pick it up tomorrow evening so I can download the new tuneecu version. My sons android phone seems to rune tuneecu much more smoothly than the windows version. Will try that tomorrow unless you have a suggestion to get the download to work. Did your first shot with Martins have severe popping?

I use the Android version on my phone instead of the laptop. Much more stable with constant updates. Just get a micro usb/usb c to USB female adaptor off the bay. I actually run John Miller's tune with TPS adjusted as specified. Seems great for me. I do get a little intake backfire very now and again when going on the throttle to a small opening from zero which normally means lean, so i might play with f-l switch and try it at 0

I use the Android version on my phone instead of the laptop. Much more stable with constant updates. Just get a micro usb/usb c to USB female adaptor off the bay. I actually run John Miller's tune with TPS adjusted as specified. Seems great for me. I do get a little intake backfire very now and again when going on the throttle to a small opening from zero which normally means lean, so i might play with f-l switch and try it at 0

Android is more reliable and easier to use than windows!

Thanks guys. Hopefully the android version that's on the tablet I'm getting will be compliant with tuneecu. Haven't seen any posts about needing to be a certain version.

Thanks guys. Hopefully the android version that's on the tablet I'm getting will be compliant with tuneecu. Haven't seen any posts about needing to be a certain version.
Make sure you have the proper connector. Some androids are type c and some are micro usb

Try adding 8% fuel in the 0% column, from 1800-7000. It'll smooth the on/off transition as well as keep it richer during closed throttle decel.
Is that in the L Tables or F tables

Back