All triumph fixes and I cop the same sh#t today in a corner, happy the dealer was shut this afternoon, because Marty is not a happy boy.

Been There

I was out for a benifet ride with a bunch of Harley riders and pulled in for gas. Same thing happen. radio shack right next door, walked in googled the problem. found out the ignition switches in the R 3 are junk. bought relay and wireless trans/reciever some wire acouple of tools. 2 hrs later I caught up with them at dinner. Thanks to the wiring diagram on this site. I think I might have $100 in to it.:D
Never looked into replacing the ignition switch, keyless is fine for me. just don't forget your key to fill up.

All triumph fixes and I cop the same sh#t today in a corner, happy the dealer was shut this afternoon, because Marty is not a happy boy.

Oh, DO tell us again, as in the other thread, what you'd do!

*lays on stomach, puts chin in folded cupped hands and gleefully awaits, with anxious anticipation, Big Marty's "punching" tale *

Go to a v-twin vender purchase a new harley style switch follow this diagram, and wire the puppy in a new location using the wiring for the old switch as a quick connect pig tail. Mount it just behind the oil tank on the leftside.
Leave the factory switch alone to use as a fork lock, and also it is not worth the time to remove.

Attachments

• Ignition_Jumper_Illustration.jpg
    Ignition_Jumper_Illustration.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 55
Go to a v-twin vender purchase a new harley style switch follow this diagram, and wire the puppy in a new location using the wiring for the old switch as a quick connect pig tail. Mount it just behind the oil tank on the leftside.
Leave the factory switch alone to use as a fork lock, and also it is not worth the time to remove.

Step (4) don't tell anyone you used HD parts :eek:

Back