lotus-eater

Standard Bore
Hi Folks,
Looking for some help on a problem I have with my R3. I was returning from a week long ride at the weekend when I pulled in to a gas station to fill up. Everything was just fine until I went to restart, turned the key, nothing, no lights, no fuel pump, nothing. The battery appears to be fine, I checked all the fuses I could find (in the little black fuse box) but it’s as dead as a doornail. Any ideas on what might be wrong please?
Thanks for your help,

LE

P.S. I seem to have posted this in the wrong forum but now I can't figure out how to move it. If an admin can move it to the correct one, that would be great.

Last edited:
If it's not the kill switch :eek: then it maybe the ignition switch has had a meltdown :(

It's not the kill switch (done that before).

Any idea how I would check if it's the ignition before I shell out for a new one?

Thanks for your help,

LE

It's not the kill switch (done that before).

Any idea how I would check if it's the ignition before I shell out for a new one?

Thanks for your help,

LE

Turn the key on and rotate the forks back and forth, or grab the ignition switch wires and move them around, if that doesn't give you lights then lift the tank and find the ignition switch harness and move it around.

I had the same thing happen to my once on another bike... It ended up just being a bad connection on one of the battery cables. :confused: Took the cables off cleaned the post and cable end and everything worked fine.

On the Rocket most of us go with the bad ignition switch diagnosis. Once bitten twice shy.

once you get your ignition problems fixed you might want to consider the Eastern beaver light relay kit to keep you from having this problem again it keeps the ignition switch from heating up there is a bunch of postings about this problem best of luck

Hi Folks,
Looking for some help on a problem I have with my R3. I was returning from a week long ride at the weekend when I pulled in to a gas station to fill up. Everything was just fine until I went to restart, turned the key, nothing, no lights, no fuel pump, nothing. The battery appears to be fine, I checked all the fuses I could find (in the little black fuse box) but it’s as dead as a doornail. Any ideas on what might be wrong please?
Thanks for your help,

LE

P.S. I seem to have posted this in the wrong forum but now I can't figure out how to move it. If an admin can move it to the correct one, that would be great.

Mate I would check the Kill Switch and Ignition switch first chances are it will be one or the other.

Ignition switch is what I would put my money on. Get the Eastern beaver kit and put both on at the same time. Call Lupe at mid night and show up at 2 AM and he will have you back on the road by 4 AM :D :eek:

I had the exact same thing happen to me on Sunday at a fuel stop, wiggled everything and checked the fuses with no joy. I had convinced myself that the ignition had packed in so called the recovery truck. An old bloke arrived stuck a meter on the battery and it read 9 volts!!! he got a socket and tightened up the terminals....hey presto 12.5volts and the bike fired right up. I felt a right mug as I had check the terminals but had not put a spanner on them.

Back