not for sure whats striped. but if it is the hex part they make tools that go over the top and grab the head to take it out. if the threads are striped and the bolt just keeps spinning then you can wedge a screwdriver in between it while you turn the screw out. hth

Will not work since the edges are rounded. It is the hex slot that is stripped.

Take a good flat punch that is larger in diameter than the hex and a hammer and hit the screw square to the face. One good wack. This does two things: one it deforms the material around the hex and pushes it back inwards and secondly the impact loosens the grip of the bolt making it easier to remove. Tap the hex wrench into the screw head and try removing the screw. Repeat if needed. I have cut hex wrenches off so they were straight and used the hex in an impact driver to remove really stubborn screws. Good luck.

Got to be careful with that impact driver. You dont want to damage/dent the fender. Since the seat tab is wider than the screw head maybe you can cut two sides off, one on each side of the hex hole with the dremel and use an adjustable wrench to remove the bolt.

Here's a little trick I've been using for years...get a left hand twist drill bit smaller than the shank of the bolt and drill it out (drill turning to the left of course). As the drill removes material from the center of the bolt shank the bolt will loosen it's grip and before you completely drill through the bolt it will back out due to the left hand torque of the drill bit. I've yet to have it fail and I've used the technique to remove broken off head bolts on old Chevy 350 engines for hotrods.

Went to start the,Rocket today and nothing, no loghts, dead battery. OK, no problem I will take it out and see how it charges. I had a long haul seat installed last year. Went ro remove the passenger seat and the tech had STRIPPED the hex bolt holding it down. It has to come off to get the riders seat off. NOT a happy camper this pm.

That tiny hex bolt is a piece of ****. I apologize for my wording, but it is. Or rather, the nut it is mounted in, stripping the threads is super easy.

I almost did that, and mine is still bad - I'm anxious whenever I have to remove it, because I'm never sure it will go back on, and I didn't use any violence at all when I put it on - just got the angle slightly wrong and the nut or whatever that's mounted in the fender seems to be made out of cream cheese, it's so soft. I managed to borrow a kit to make new threads in it (whatever that's really called in English) and gently ran it through and managed to get the bolt back in, but a real fix would be replacing the part in the fender.

If the guy managed to strip the head, color me amazed. I would have thought literally everything else would give in first.

Back