vanguard138

Living Legend
Ride
2013 Rocket III Touring
Went to start the,Rocket today and nothing, no loghts, dead battery. OK, no problem I will take it out and see how it charges. I had a long haul seat installed last year. Went ro remove the passenger seat and the tech had STRIPPED the hex bolt holding it down. It has to come off to get the riders seat off. NOT a happy camper this pm.

The Phantom Draw strikes again.. for ten years as soon as i forget to use the battery charger my battery drains to the point i can't start the bike. As long as i keep it on the tender i'm fine.

Yeah, ez out was my first thought. You cqn get a version at most auto parts shops. Was just feeling for alternatives.

Thanks.

Yeah, ez out was my first thought. You cqn get a version at most auto parts shops. Was just feeling for alternatives.

Thanks.

If you have a dremel you can cut a slot across the head and use a flat blade screwdriver. Put some masking tape around the area first.

not for sure whats striped. but if it is the hex part they make tools that go over the top and grab the head to take it out. if the threads are striped and the bolt just keeps spinning then you can wedge a screwdriver in between it while you turn the screw out. hth

Back