David PLatt (OUTLAW EXHAUST)?

I had it when my motor was stock. It reads the A/F mix constantly, and makes adjustments on the fly. @HansO wrote the tune for my AT, and I just loaded it in. It works great for what it is, but nothing can beat a custom tune from a good dyno tuner. Problem is, not everybody with a dyno can tune really good. Some either don't have the knack, or just won't take the time. Others are passionate about getting good results. Do your research before you go.
Thanks for the info mate ! :thumbsup:

Regarding the CAT: For the 2017 R3R the CAT is built into the crossover between the header and the silencers. I eliminated the CAT by replacing with the Motexpro CAT 1 into 2 by-pass.

Originally I was running the Triumph tune for tors , I had the Ramair and pcv with a generic tune in the pcv . The bike was running very lean with a lot of decel popping . I was not proficient with tune ecu so I had the bike dynod , The tuner wrote a custom map for the pcv and changed settings in the ecu , ie opened the secondarys , raised the rev limit , removed the restrictions and lowered the fan operating temperature . This transformed the bike with no decel popping . In the tuners own admission , he tuned the bike for optimum running through the entire rev range as opposed to optimum power which I was very happy with . On fitting the Dps , I had assumed I would need a retune and have since acquired tune ecu . That said , the bike ran lovely with the DPs fitted with only the very occasional pop which I don't mind . On giving the bike it's 10000 mile service recently and changing out the plugs , I notice that their colour is nigh on perfect and certainly not lean overall , so for now I am a happy bunny ! I have learned a lot from this site and if the tune drops out or needs tweaking I shall now be appealing to @HansO and making adjustments via tune ecu and possibly even doing away with the pcv . I certainly believe that handso is the man with a tune for every application and one helluva lot cheaper than dyno time !
Thanks for the great info. But can I ask about the dyno. I have been reluctant to have my bike dynoed for fear that it really beats the **** out of it. Any thoughts as to this? Thanks!!!

I installed the Dave Platt Roadster Performance Silencers from the UK along with the CAT By Pass from Motorcycle Exhaust Professionals from Australia (Dave Platt did not have a By Pass available at the time). Both were installed by my Triumph dealer. Dave Platt also mentioned to me that a remap wasn't needed however I opted for the Triumph Aftermarket Exhaust System remap from the dealer (Apparently there is only 1 remap available). This setup is also quite loud but not obnoxious at idle (mostly due to the CAT By Pass) although probably not as loud as the Outlaws. Can't wait for Spring to arrive and the snow to melt to start riding.
WOW you still have snow on the ground in mid April ..I thought we had bad in the UK ..I feel your pain man

Thanks for the great info. But can I ask about the dyno. I have been reluctant to have my bike dynoed for fear that it really beats the **** out of it. Any thoughts as to this? Thanks!!!
The dyno is a rolling road so the bike is not free revving . It emulates the bike being ridden thru the gears up to the limiter which is no different to roasting a Harley at the traffic lights . Even better in fact coz the tuner can see on his screen what the engine is doing . The bikes own ecu prevents over revving . It all sounds brutal but no more so than drag racing up to 140mph or more if your bike will do it .Its just that it's all being done in an enclosed space so you are hearing what the pedestrian on the side of the road would hear as you hoon past em !

The dyno is a rolling road so the bike is not free revving . It emulates the bike being ridden thru the gears up to the limiter which is no different to roasting a Harley at the traffic lights . Even better in fact coz the tuner can see on his screen what the engine is doing . The bikes own ecu prevents over revving . It all sounds brutal but no more so than drag racing up to 140mph or more if your bike will do it .Its just that it's all being done in an enclosed space so you are hearing what the pedestrian on the side of the road would hear as you hoon past em !
Thanks NAT, much appreciated.

just going to add my two bobs worth....In my opinion, every motor is different even tho they are all built as the same. By using a Dyno you will get the best result for your motor. As Nat said, the bike is tuned whilst under load ....as if the bike is being ridden down the road, so every moment is inspected and tuned accordingly. Also, most importantly, the tune will allow for air pressure (Height above sea level) that you are residing in. This will correctly set the air temp and correct fuel setting. I wanted my ride on my 2014 Roadster to be smooth and fuel correct with little or no popping on decal. I was very impressed with the result with it running like hot chocolate!.
I had the tune in the PCV so saved it to my laptop under PCV tunes. When I sold my 2014 and bought my new 2016, I installed a PCV onto her along with all the other bits of fruit as per the 2014 and after 1500kms I transferred the tune into her from my laptop off the 2014.
The result is very pleasing but I will have her dyno'de for the very reason I mentioned earlier..i may be wasting cash but want to get it dead right.

They must have changed it since 2015 because my cats were in the silencers not the crossover
I'm assuming the CAT is only in the crossover link on my 2016 R3R. The attached image shows the original crossover with CAT and the CAT eliminator that I installed.

57-8-600x600.jpg

Back