David PLatt (OUTLAW EXHAUST)?

PM HansO with all your updates year of bike classic or standard. Download tune ECU get a lontec cable. Give him your email address and he will send you a very good tune. Come to think I have that tune if you have a classic. :D

Maybe you can load up a sound clip for @scot in exile ? I wasn't computer savvy enough to do it and he made me feel inadequate by cyber bullying me using pictures of cute dogs ! ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

05-14-07_1352.jpg

Need a little help from anyone out there. I purchased the David Platt Outlaw exhaust on Ebay,with cat bypass, last week. I was going to install it myself but I just bought a new set of Avon Cobra's I need mounted and balanced. So I asked a well respected mechanic who specializes in Triumph, BSA, Norton but works on all bikes. In fact he owns a Triumph Rocket Roadster. He told me basically that buying these pipes was probably a mistake because if not buying from a big name brand(Jardine ect., )power commander,tuneboy,ect will not have a tune for this set-up and if you also wanted to eliminate the stock airbox for a K+N or RamAIR there would not be a tune either. I said to him if I just go with the new pipes with cat bypass doen't the ECU do the 12 minute remap and he stated he wasn't so sure if this would be sufficient. I went on the power commander web site and for the pcv didn't have a map for the pipes I bought. He further stated that if you can't properly remap, especially if also do the stock air box elimination with the K+N or RamAir you could be headed for problems running the bike to lean or rich. So does anyone know if 1) I only do the pipes with cat bypass does the ECU remap it or is he right that it isn't really going to do what you need, or 2) if I go with the pipes with cat bypass and either K+N's or a RamAir set-up how does one get a remap if there isn't a standard map for this set-up? Any help would be appreciated.
The standard tors tune by triumph will suffice for the DP outlaws but not perfect , still a bit lean ! Change the inlet also and you will need a tune . The tunes for the pcv are generic and again , not ideal . You either need a Dyno tuner who will build a custom map for the Pcv , or you need tune ecu and HansO !

I am looking to put a David Platt(sold on Ebay from England) outlaw exhaust system on my 2014 R3 Roadster along with a K+N filter system. Does anyone have this setup and can comment on how you like it? Is it correct that the cat is located in the stock pipes so removing them eliminated the cats, no cat box to remove? How can I find a tune for this outlaw pipe? I emailed the guy on ebay who says that the ECU will remap itself and if you want a performance tune see your dealer. Also, does the K+N filter setup have to be used with the PCV? The PCV website doesn't list a tune for this outlaw pipe? Any and all help and thoughts will be appreciated!

PAUL T
I installed the Dave Platt Roadster Performance Silencers from the UK along with the CAT By Pass from Motorcycle Exhaust Professionals from Australia (Dave Platt did not have a By Pass available at the time). Both were installed by my Triumph dealer. Dave Platt also mentioned to me that a remap wasn't needed however I opted for the Triumph Aftermarket Exhaust System remap from the dealer (Apparently there is only 1 remap available). This setup is also quite loud but not obnoxious at idle (mostly due to the CAT By Pass) although probably not as loud as the Outlaws. Can't wait for Spring to arrive and the snow to melt to start riding.
The Triumph map will still be To Lean Guys, get in touch with me

:p phht! I'm not that clever :(
I saw your post where you are happy with the David PLatt exhaust. I just installed them on my 14 Rocket Roadster. I also love the sound of them but there is a lot of popping on decel. Took it to a Triumph dealer in New Jersey who said they had (3) different tunes and would put in the most aggressive they have(the most rich map). It eliminated about 30-40% of the decel popping but still to much for my liking. Got a map from HansO that read TORS which I didn't use(thats why I went to the dealer) I figured he gave me the same map that Triumph has for there TOR'S pipe. What map(tune) did you use with your DP pipes? Do you still have decel popping? Any suggestions would be appreciated?

I saw your post where you are happy with the David PLatt exhaust. I just installed them on my 14 Rocket Roadster. I also love the sound of them but there is a lot of popping on decel. Took it to a Triumph dealer in New Jersey who said they had (3) different tunes and would put in the most aggressive they have(the most rich map). It eliminated about 30-40% of the decel popping but still to much for my liking. Got a map from HansO that read TORS which I didn't use(thats why I went to the dealer) I figured he gave me the same map that Triumph has for there TOR'S pipe. What map(tune) did you use with your DP pipes? Do you still have decel popping? Any suggestions would be appreciated?
I'm running D.P, exhaust with ramair. hanso sent me a map. Runs good with very little decel popping

The standard tors tune by triumph will suffice for the DP outlaws but not perfect , still a bit lean ! Change the inlet also and you will need a tune . The tunes for the pcv are generic and again , not ideal . You either need a Dyno tuner who will build a custom map for the Pcv , or you need tune ecu and HansO !
Or if a tuner isn't readily available to tune the PCV, then an Auto Tuner from Power Commander will get the tune really close for you.

Back