David PLatt (OUTLAW EXHAUST)?

After reading everything again, I believe you are all correct. The cat bypass was already in place so the majority of the gains were already made. Apologies for any confusion. As long as the bike was already tuned for the bypass and TORS, the DP pipes will make only a small difference. Not sure if I would be using a TORS tune though, still think it would be lean on that
After reading everything again, I believe you are all correct. The cat bypass was already in place so the majority of the gains were already made. Apologies for any confusion. As long as the bike was already tuned for the bypass and TORS, the DP pipes will make only a small difference. Not sure if I would be using a TORS tune though, still think it would be lean on that

Thanks for all the replies,

If the Tors tune is possibly to weak what would the recommended tune be and where would I find a copy? I have only seen the std tunes on the Tune ECU web site

Afaik you will not find a tune for that at Tune-ECU.

I have once dynoed DP with crossover pipe.
At mid range and topend it was about the same as TORs with crossover.
At lower revs there was some loss.

i have just fitted the dave platt "shorty exhaust" system to my rocket 3
looks and sounds awesome. very well made too
Had one of these from new -- keep your eye on it
My welds failed on the rear of the silencer -- was repaired under warranty -- returned unpolished but garranteed
If detached next stop rear wheel!
Great bit of kit but inspect regularly
Cheers
Greengrass

Just to add...I fitted the outlaws on Sunday. Took to dealer and he plugged it in and loaded a tune they have for the Vance and Hines they sell at Triumph theses days. It better but still pops ( more like a backfire with these on)
Should I ask him to load the Tors tune. It’s going in next week for it’s 500 mile service. He did say one of the throttle bodies was slightly out and he’ll address this at the service. Only really pops on decel in 4 th and 5th...it is better with the tune but still too much I think? Any advise folks?

You can get longer cans. I have had mine Dyno tuned and still pops and burbles, not much you can do with such short cans except roll off the throttle rather than slamming it off

Thanks Aussie...so long as no harm being done...runs smooth apart from this...cheers.
Mine Burble and pop , as Mick states it's all down to the length of the pipe . A properly tuned engine will Burble and pop , you just don't normally hear it as it is contained within the mufflers . The shorter the cans , the more evident the noise ! Quite a fine line tho between just right and popping because the engine is running a tad lean at certain parts of the rev range . This is why a dyno tune is so preferred . The tuner can pick up and iron out any lean spots , but she will still bang and pop . Personally , I love it especially when they flash at night , but if it makes you self conscious you can control it by rolling off the throttle gentler and or using the clutch . At the end of the day , for anyone concerned , the plugs are the window to your engine . If they are a healthy colour with no signs of heat damage , you know your not too far out with the tune !

Anybody got a tune for PCV similar to what's listed? I'm getting ready to order Ramair, DP custom cans-full length, and DP crossover pipe. Or a similar setup for TORS to get me to the dyno tuner?

Back