For Sale Dave Platt - Performance Exhaust System (Slip-Ons) - Free Shipping

Pumbaa

An African in Aus
Ride
2015 R3R
US$ 500 (Including Shipping) AU$ 650 (Including Shipping) - YES I WILL pay for the SHIPPING

From the same company that designed the Shorty Exhaust comes this beautiful setup for the Triumph Rocket III Roadster. Made entirely of 304 marine grade series stainless steel and polished to a mirror finish, these handmade pipes require no ECU remapping on a stock bike (map necessary when installed with performance intake adjustments). They fit to the existing mounts and retain the stock chrome heat shields. Comes complete with all fitting items, seals, fasteners and clamps. Delivers approximately 12 BHP increase in power, a significant difference in length, as well a massive weight reduction, the stock standard pipes are around the 21kg’s (46 pounds) and these are down to 8 kg’s (roughly 18 pounds)

Fits Triumph Rocket III Roadster and Roadster X (Not sure about the other models)

I have had them on my bike for just over 6 months and have been very happy with them in both performance as well as sound, but they were not 100% what I was looking for.

I have recently ordered a complete new system from CES (will post Pics soon) Thanks to the fantastic advice that I got from plenty of fellow members on this Forum.

I really want these to go to a good home, rather than gather Dust in my shed.

roadsterpipes4.jpg

Please Note: These are not new, they have been on my bike for roughly 6 months so might have a few minor blemishes.

I have a PayPal Account if that makes it any easier for payment

Cheers
Sean (Pumbaa)

Last edited:
Sorry mate you were seriously ripped off, we can get Dave Platt full systems and slip ons etc for half that from the UK where they are made and Zards have a terrible reputation on this forum. Just do a 'Dave Platt Rocket' search on eBay.com.au and eBay.co.uk

If you want decent tuned length 'snake' style headers and cans I am surprised you have not gone CES from Qld or Reband from SA and suggest you do some reading on this forum before blowing your dough on Zards. US made Carpenters also have a decent 'snake' design as well another 'Brute' model.

Another quality full system option is Viking exhausts from NZ made by Paul Bryant a member of this forum.

Sorry mate you were seriously ripped off, we can get Dave Platt full systems and slip ons etc for half that from the UK where they are made and Zards have a terrible reputation on this forum. Just do a 'Dave Platt Rocket' search on eBay.com.au and eBay.co.uk

If you want decent tuned length 'snake' style headers and cans I am surprised you have not gone CES from Qld or Reband from SA and suggest you do some reading on this forum before blowing your dough on Zards. US made Carpenters also have a decent 'snake' design as well another 'Brute' model.

Another quality full system option is Viking exhausts from NZ made by Paul Bryant a member of this forum.
AND the CARPENTER systems make maximum HP

I have DP Roadster Silencers, a higher flow crossover from Motexpro and had the Triumph TOR map installed by the dealer. Love the look and sound. Still need to have the TuneECU tune from Hanso. The next level of change would consider the Paul Bryant Header and Crossover, keeping the DP Silencers. I purchased the silencers direct from DP for ~$1000 Canadian.

Thanks for the advice boys.. I have not bought the Zards yet, so am still in the process of looking at options, Does anyone know if the is an Aussie Distributor for the Carpenters and also I cannot seem to find any info on the CES stuff??

This will get you started, no need to buy Overseas.

CES ****

Scroll down and look at the 5 'Similar Threads' linked at the bottom of each page in the forums to start your search for decent info.

I have several quite boring videos of my Roadster with the Viking slip-on muffler set up if it helps you decide.
The Viking isn't boring..... it sounds great!
My video making skills are the boring bit and of course my riding style which makes watching Harlies go around corners look fast.
This link will take you to the first one I made when I initially installed it and gives a good idea what it sounds like.

This will get you started, no need to buy Overseas.

CES ****

Scroll down and look at the 5 'Similar Threads' linked at the bottom of each page in the forums to start your search for decent info.

You Sir are a Legend.. I will definitely be calling CES in the Morning

Back