For Sale Dave Platt - Performance Exhaust System (Slip-Ons) - Free Shipping

Thanks for the advice boys.. I have not bought the Zards yet, so am still in the process of looking at options, Does anyone know if the is an Aussie Distributor for the Carpenters and also I cannot seem to find any info on the CES stuff??

Yeah don’t buy the Zard. I did. I was seduced when I bought my first rocket by the looks and advertising. ( before joining this illustrious group I might add) . They are so disappointed as highlighted here and the finish is well...just complete crap. The welds look like I could have done it....I’ve never welded in my life!

I have experienced both twin pipe systems, the dpRatt and Viking. The pRatt system was complete crap and was removed within 4 weeks. The Viking system is far superior in both looks and manufacture. As for performance gains, the Viking system is designed to perform whereas the pRatt system is just guess work and misinformation. The sound from the pRatt system was a much sharper note that was bloody painful after a few minutes. Viking is a lower bass tone than encourages the right wrist to twist! Just my 10pence worth!

A case of ‘ one mans meat...’ for example I think the Carpenter and to a lesser degree the CES pipes look ugly as hell...long and skinny & out of scale with the bike. Just my own opinion, it matters not , I just would not have them on my bike for purely cosmetic reasons. I know the performance is there but aesthetically I couldn’t live with them. I remember your posts about your DPs but I have to say having had the tuning done right I’m delighted with mine!

A pal of mine spent a fortune ( again imho) on a set of REVO pipes. They are stunning! Also the sound without any doubt was best sound from a Rocket I’ve ever heard. At $1700 they are very expensive BUT having seen and heard them...they are sooo sexy.

Last edited:
Back