For Sale Dave Platt - Performance Exhaust System (Slip-Ons) - Free Shipping

Sorry mate you were seriously ripped off, we can get Dave Platt full systems and slip ons etc for half that from the UK where they are made and Zards have a terrible reputation on this forum. Just do a 'Dave Platt Rocket' search on eBay.com.au and eBay.co.uk

If you want decent tuned length 'snake' style headers and cans I am surprised you have not gone CES from Qld or Reband from SA and suggest you do some reading on this forum before blowing your dough on Zards. US made Carpenters also have a decent 'snake' design as well another 'Brute' model.

Another quality full system option is Viking exhausts from NZ made by Paul Bryant a member of this forum.

Mate thanks so much for your advice and heads up.. I have finally decided to go with the Full System from CES

These were mine ready for delivery.
upload_2017-6-19_9-34-33.png

upload_2017-6-19_9-33-44.png

And I simply removed my stock header and fitted to my existing aftermarket collector and mufflers that came with my bike and I have not been able to identify but they are very similar to Dave Platt's Outlaw system that is available from the UK on eBay.
TRIUMPH ROCKET 3 ROADSTER OUTLAW SYSTEM | eBay

upload_2017-6-19_9-36-47.png
They ARE DP Outlaws .. he’s in Nottingham, Notthinghamshire, and the ebay site says ‘we also do’, ‘includes OUR crossover pipe’ ‘we can fit them in Nottingham’ etc. And plus, they are, they just are Outlaws ..

They ARE DP Outlaws .. he’s in Nottingham, Notthinghamshire, and the ebay site says ‘we also do’, ‘includes OUR crossover pipe’ ‘we can fit them in Nottingham’ etc. And plus, they are, they just are Outlaws ..
Nah, no biscuit for you. You didn't read my post. Similar is not the same.;):D

I have bought and tried quite a few R3 exhaust systems and can guarantee they are NOT DP Platts.

Check out the photos in my for sale thread. He got a bargain even after shipping to the USA.

**SOLD** R3R Stainless exhaust, big bore, cat free, high flow. X pipes back

Last edited:
Nah, no biscuit for you. You didn't read my post. Similar is not the same.;):D

I have bought and tried quite a few R3 exhaust systems and can guarantee they are NOT DP Platts.

Check out the photos in my for sale thread. He got a bargain even after shipping to the USA.

**SOLD** R3R Stainless exhaust, big bore, cat free, high flow. X pipes back
Ahhhh ... you incl the ebay link for those not familiar with outlaws; NOT being the link to where you purchased the mystery pipes from .. I see.

The ebay link is to DP product. I enquired last night. DP replied already ...

Ahhhh ... you incl the ebay link for those not familiar with outlaws; NOT being the link to where you purchased the mystery pipes from .. I see.

The ebay link is to DP product. I enquired last night. DP replied already ...

Am very keen on DP classic twin system. Wld prefer to buy Viking, but dave’s are cylindrical not conical, which I prefer. And stainless.

Viking are stunningly finished tho, with the excellent crossover pipe too.

12HP gain from DP, allegedly. Unknown if Viking have gains?

Which sound better I wonder?

Am very keen on DP classic twin system. Wld prefer to buy Viking, but dave’s are cylindrical not conical, which I prefer. And stainless.

DP crossover claimed gain is likely imaginary or due to actually tuning it with his pipe where as it was not tuned correctly to the previous stock setup. There is no way on Earth that the DP crossover will gain 12 hp by itself even with a tune over the stock Roadster crossover with a similar quality tune done, especially as there is no cat in the Roadster stock crossover. They are in the twin exhaust cans.

The earlier 3 pipe R3s with cats in the cross over may get an increase like that but from memory his 3 pipe cross over was an ugly triangular POS.

Compare the flow on Viking's to the DP version and the angle and blending of pipes. Open them up and the Viking will have an additional flange to separate and even the flow to both sides.

I have experienced both twin pipe systems, the dpRatt and Viking. The pRatt system was complete crap and was removed within 4 weeks. The Viking system is far superior in both looks and manufacture. As for performance gains, the Viking system is designed to perform whereas the pRatt system is just guess work and misinformation. The sound from the pRatt system was a much sharper note that was bloody painful after a few minutes. Viking is a lower bass tone than encourages the right wrist to twist! Just my 10pence worth!

I have experienced both twin pipe systems, the dpRatt and Viking. The pRatt system was complete crap and was removed within 4 weeks. The Viking system is far superior in both looks and manufacture. As for performance gains, the Viking system is designed to perform whereas the pRatt system is just guess work and misinformation. The sound from the pRatt system was a much sharper note that was bloody painful after a few minutes. Viking is a lower bass tone than encourages the right wrist to twist! Just my 10pence worth!

Wow. After youtubing, just 10 secs ago I decided to go DP Platt twin Classic shorts ... wow :-/

If ishrub likes your comment; more thinking to do ...

Lower bass tone is .... gooood !!

Back