Datatool DiGi Gear Indicator

There ok if you keep trying to find sixth gear like i always do....

Yep, I do get your point - had that problem with all the bikes I've had without a rev counter - but I have got round it up to now by using my memory to store a few rev counts for specific speeds - works most times.

Not sure what I will do when the dementia strikes. :p

Yep, I do get your point - had that problem with all the bikes I've had without a rev counter - but I have got round it up to now by using my memory to store a few rev counts for specific speeds - works most times.

Not sure what I will do when the dementia strikes. :p
That's easy you will forget what the Key does so you won't be starting it any way and if you get it started you probaly won't remember why you started it or where you thought you were going:eek:

Battersea wrote:
Consequently all of the indicators work on the principal of calculating the gear position from the differences between engine revs and road speed using impulses from the road speed sensor and crank sensor, not ideal imo. Anytime the clutch is not home the indicator cant work properly, or if you have clutch slip or wheel spin ????

If the back wheel is spinning then it will still be reading the correct gear.
Engine speed and rear tyre rotation will still match each other for the corresponding gear. Only difference will be that speed and loss of traction will be getting converted to tyre smoke.

If the clutch is slipping then it's probably cos I'm pulling a wheelie and slipping it so I don't flip it, and to be honest, the last thing I'll be looking for at that time is what f***kin gear I'm in.
There'll be too much "Whooharrrr" going on to worry about some inaccurate indicator telling me what gear I'm not really in.

Now, if for some reason that the motor were to suddenly retard itself via a computer program at that said point, well then I would certainly be a little pithed.
About then I'd be wishing I'd bought one of the others that overrode the computers ability to alter the advance in the lower gears, not just give me an indicator as to what gear I was in.

Back