Datatool DiGi Gear Indicator

Battersea

Turbocharged
I know quite a few members on here highly rate the GIpro gear indicator, just wondered if anyone has used the Datatool DiGi version?

The GIpro does more than the Datatool for sure, but to be honest all I want is a gear indicator and one can be had for £25 if I don't hand around. ;)

Looks interesting, I'd be interested in any experience as well. But, it doesn't look like they have any US dealers. Shipping may put a big dent in the cost savings.

Why wouldn't you want the ATRE? It DOES make a difference for not much money - what was it, $150-$180 all up? Almost everyone (1 or 2 exceptions) who got a GiPro has said it's the biggest bang for your buck. I sure think so. And you get the gear indicator as well! Just sayin'.

As it appears that the DiGi is about half the cost of the ATRE, and since I'm too lazy to look it up myself, I have a question. What does the ATRE offer for someone with Tuneboy beyond the gear indicator?

As it appears that the DiGi is about half the cost of the ATRE, and since I'm too lazy to look it up myself, I have a question. What does the ATRE offer for someone with Tuneboy beyond the gear indicator?

HellFire wrote plenty on the subject and shouldn't be too hard to find the threads. Here's but on article that might also be helpful.
HealTech GIpro Gear Indicator - webBikeWorld
I don't know enough about what TuneBoy can and can't do to answer your question but will say that as a plug and play, the GIPro was dead easy to install and works a treat; one of those rare things that isn't too good to be true, but should be.

Thanks for the link. I think Tuneboy accomplishes all the other functions and more, so all I really need is a gear indicator. Only problem is this one seems to need a tach, something the R3T doesn't have. Looks like I'll have to investigate further.

Had a throat infection that has kept me off the computer for a few days - now back on-line. Interesting replies.

Firstly, when I tried to buy the Datatool I got an 'out of stock' reply with a further comment of 'wont have anymore at that price'. :mad: bit pissed about that.

Anyway, still thinking it would be a good idea I looked more closely at the three that are commonly available - Datatool, GIpro and Accumen. Reading the detail it become clear that the Rocket doesn't have a 'true' gear position sensor - a more accurate description would be neutral position sensor. Consequently all of the indicators work on the principal of calculating the gear position from the differences between engine revs and road speed using impulses from the road speed sensor and crank sensor, not ideal imo. Anytime the clutch is not home the indicator cant work properly, or if you have clutch slip or wheel spin ???? - just cant be arsed with it so its off of my 'to do' list.

Back