Custom Mods and Warranties Don't Mix; Do They???

Big Goaler

.060 Over
I have been looking over the mods that have been posted and am wondering if they void my warranty. Yes, I think they do. I got my 07 Classic back in March so have a 1 1/2 or there abouts on my warranty. I'm interested in doing the filter relocate for one but I want to verifiy that I have to wait. Probably best to let the kinks get worked out of her and have her fixed under warranty. She already has had a "pourus head" and the idle problem which were both covered under the warranty. :cool:

I believe that if you relocate the air filter from the airbox to under the tank, you can put it back in short order before you go to the dealer.

I believe that with tuneboy (because it flashes the ECU) you can make that change without any warranty problems because they won't know.

I don't know if changing to TORs, or cat bypass, will negate your warranty as they are Triumph parts... Jardines, Staintune, or others may.

I believe you run into warranty problems with engine, or electrical mods, that aren't Triumph parts. Bolt-ons ( mirrors, pegs, etc...) shouldn't void your warranty.

Just a couple of thoughts.

i have had my bike for just about two months and I'm putting on jardines and tune boy and i shouldn't have any trouble in the warranty department, I'm a little bit bigger than the pipsqueak with the defective arm behind the counter. :D besides i don't need pipes to ride my bike hard enough to blow it up!

I am also doing mods to my 06 classic with 1 year left on the warranty. The dealership is going to perform the work , I was told by the service manager as long as they did the mods they would warrant the work. I am going with the 3 K&Ns removing the underseat intake plumbing. I thought I wanted the Jardine system also , but not so sure after seeing Travelguys Predator set up and reading his experience with the Jardine system. I do not want ear splitting, headache loud, just very good performance with very good sound. So I am not real sure which exhaust sytem to go with at this point.:confused:

BG;

I had the under the tank K&N, Jar's, and PC II when I carried my "Old Fat Bottom Girl" in for the cam chain replacement via warranty. Not a word was said, and the work was performed. Just FYI.

BG;

I had the under the tank K&N, Jar's, and PC II when I carried my "Old Fat Bottom Girl" in for the cam chain replacement via warranty. Not a word was said, and the work was performed. Just FYI.

Same, NO problems on warranty work (Jars Only). I was a little nervous, but the engine was covered and repaired....:cool:

Triumph has their party line, but it really depends on your dealer.... My dealer doesn't care about anything bolt on (Jars, Unis, tuneboy, etc), but changing stuff in the engine is off limits warranty wise... It is really depends on your dealer... After all, he is the eyes, ears and hands for Triumph...

Mike...

Triumph has their party line, but it really depends on your dealer.... My dealer doesn't care about anything bolt on (Jars, Unis, tuneboy, etc), but changing stuff in the engine is off limits warranty wise... It is really depends on your dealer... After all, he is the eyes, ears and hands for Triumph...

Mike...

yes and if your service guy "sees" some rum, and maybe grease for the hands then you could probably get away with anything. my bike is two months old has trip. k&n jars and tuneboy and im not worried

My dealer isn't that kind of guy, but dropping $43K there since April '06 hasn't hurt I'm sure (Two Rockets, the one I totaled and the one I replaced it with, a Scrambler, plus all the accessories, service & clothing)

Mike...

Back