Corbin Seat wont latch-in

MCDVX

Ride
2014 Triumph Rocket Roadster
70CAC580-739D-49F1-B31C-4EB3DE767545.jpeg
9115A26C-71C2-4733-8CCA-362AF078A37B.jpeg
C799F631-3FA9-497D-9938-B43D7D77C3C6.jpeg
I got the new seat — but it won’t latch-in, I’ve tried everything (and I’ve owned 5 previous Rockets with Corbin seats) but I did look carefully at instructions just to be sure I wasn’t missing anything:
• I slid the saddle into place nose first to engage tongue
— That’s also as secure/far as it can go, but there’s half an inch of space between the groin area where it’s supposed to touch the gas tank (this has nothing to do with the latch locking by the way)
• I lowered the rear into place and pushed firmly on the passenger platform, but it didn’t latch.

Comparing the OEM seat vs. Corbin seat, the latch seems smaller on the Corbin, as it pops right out when it’s supposed to latch (believe me, I tried troubleshooting from every possible approach).

Any ideas before I ask Corbin to fix/replace?

Thanks!

70CAC580-739D-49F1-B31C-4EB3DE767545.jpeg
9115A26C-71C2-4733-8CCA-362AF078A37B.jpeg
C799F631-3FA9-497D-9938-B43D7D77C3C6.jpeg
I got the new seat — but it won’t latch-in, I’ve tried everything (and I’ve owned 5 previous Rockets with Corbin seats) but I did look carefully at instructions just to be sure I wasn’t missing anything:
• I slid the saddle into place nose first to engage tongue
— That’s also as secure/far as it can go, but there’s half an inch of space between the groin area where it’s supposed to touch the gas tank (this has nothing to do with the latch locking by the way)
• I lowered the rear into place and pushed firmly on the passenger platform, but it didn’t latch.

Comparing the OEM seat vs. Corbin seat, the latch seems smaller on the Corbin, as it pops right out when it’s supposed to latch (believe me, I tried troubleshooting from every possible approach).

Any ideas before I ask Corbin to fix/replace?

Thanks!
Had the same problem with the single gunfighter seat. Unscrewed the latch pin and put a couple of washers under it to make it extend further until the whole seat beds in.

Had the same problem with the single gunfighter seat. Unscrewed the latch pin and put a couple of washers under it to make it extend further until the whole seat beds in.
PROBLEM SOLVED! Thanks, I tried what you did and loosened the latch bolt and spaced with 2 washers… now it’s a perfect fit! No complaints from me, I also bought the beetle bags and front fairing with stereo kit — with how much it all cost, I could only afford to be optimistic 🙂

PROBLEM SOLVED! Thanks, I tried what you did and loosened the latch bolt and spaced with 2 washers… now it’s a perfect fit! No complaints from me, I also bought the beetle bags and front fairing with stereo kit — with how much it all cost, I could only afford to be optimistic 🙂
Once it's all in place, pics please - I'm a fan of that whole setup but the wife would wanna "fight" if she knew what it will cost [and I will eventually pull the trigger]! LOL ;):roll:🤣

Make sure you post some pics of the bags and fairing. Probably turns that monster into a long distance hauler set up like that.

Back