Corbin Seat for Sale

Rick McC.

Turbocharged
Ride
Phantom Black 2012 Rocket III Roadster
As y'all may recall; I recently bought a newer Corbin seat for my R3R. I bought it based on the fact that it could be mounted using the original Roadster seat key lock, rather than the standard Corbin bracket, and that did turn out to be the case, after I bought a Triumph part that seemed to have gone missing either in shipping, or other circumstance.

Anyway, after getting things sorted out with that one, I've decided to sell my older Corbin seat. It's by no means new (I bought it used), but is still in solid condition, and should easily provide several more years of service.

With the included mounting bracket, it fit my R3R without issue, and I believe it'll fit any Rocket models except the touring. I don't know that for sure, but I believe that based on what I've read from others on this forum.

It doesn't include any of the driver's backrest parts, and I'm asking $150.00, plus shipping.

I'll post a couple of pics I have of it mounted on my R3R, and if anyone's interested in more detailed seat pics; I'll take them with my phone.

As y'all may recall; I recently bought a newer Corbin seat for my R3R. I bought it based on the fact that it could be mounted using the original Roadster seat key lock, rather than the standard Corbin bracket, and that did turn out to be the case, after I bought a Triumph part that seemed to have gone missing either in shipping, or other circumstance.

Anyway, after getting things sorted out with that one, I've decided to sell my older Corbin seat. It's by no means new (I bought it used), but is still in solid condition, and should easily provide several more years of service.

With the included mounting bracket, it fit my R3R without issue, and I believe it'll fit any Rocket models except the touring. I don't know that for sure, but I believe that based on what I've read from others on this forum.

It doesn't include any of the driver's backrest parts, and I'm asking $150.00, plus shipping.

I'll post a couple of pics I have of it mounted on my R3R, and if anyone's interested in more detailed seat pics; I'll take them with my phone.
Can you also mount the backrest to the rear of the seat for the passenger?

I have the "tall" sissy bar/luggage rack that mounts to the rear of the bike, not to the seat.

There is a covered opening on the back of the seat, but I've never looked in there, and don't have any hardware that mounts there.

Hey Rick, I'm interested. Can you tell me, does it use the key lock release? And, will it mount up on a 2007 Classic?

The seat has been sold locally.

As they come, Corbins don't attach with the key latch; they come with a mounting bracket.

They can be made to attach with the key latch if you mount a Triumph latch part like that mounted on the bottom of the stock seat.

I bought one recently that the original owner had set up that way, but when I started to mount it; that part was missing. It apparently came loose in shipping, and I must have discarded it with the packing materials.

I ordered the part (both pin and rubber "washer"), and mounted them using the holes the previous owner made.

I used 3/4" #12 stainless panhead screws, and set them in with Plumbers Goop. It's a product that adheres to a variety of materials, and sets up harder than silicone, but still has a little flexibility. I didn't want to use something like epoxy, as I thought something that set up hard may develop cracks over time from the ongoing vibrations of riding.

Met Bill Robinson and his pillion yesterday when he came over to pick up the seat.

Nice folks, and it was great to get to meet another Rocket Captain! :thumbsup:

Back