Cooling fan on constantly

what would worry me is does it have air in the motor and i would want to bleed it
i don't think u will be happy till u buy a thermo gun where u can tell what temp is on everything.
the thermostat when doing its job for example if it is a 195 degree it opens and closes to try to maintain 195 degrees.
the fans job is to cool down the radiator if it gets over a certain degrees (temperature sensor) for example in the ecu it will have a temperature setting (can b changed)
we will guess at 215 degrees when the temp gets there or higher the ecu will turn fan on and when the motor cools down to the ecu selected temp the ecu will shut down the fan.
if it has air in the motor it will never cool like it is suppose to that is why it has an air bleed screw.
hth
Thanks for that very helpful, so where is the air bleed screw located? I know there is a bleed screw above the thermo housing to let air out when adding coolant, but I’m guessing you don’t mean that one. Took out water pump today and it’s working fine and turning freely, so I am sure that’s not causing the over heating. Only thing left to check is the thermostat itself, is it opening and closing at the set temperature it should? Should I take it out to see? Pop it in hot water with a thermometer and see if it opens etc etc?

Thanks for that very helpful, so where is the air bleed screw located? I know there is a bleed screw above the thermo housing to let air out when adding coolant, but I’m guessing you don’t mean that one. Took out water pump today and it’s working fine and turning freely, so I am sure that’s not causing the over heating. Only thing left to check is the thermostat itself, is it opening and closing at the set temperature it should? Should I take it out to see? Pop it in hot water with a thermometer and see if it opens etc etc?
yes the bleed screw is there at the thermostat that is the one i was referring to.
that needs to be bleed if it has air in the block
i would recommend a thermal gun so u can tell the different temps. u can measure temp at the thermostat / head/ pipes which runs 330 t0 600 depending on your tune.
when i ride i can move my feet in a lot of diff positions from front (cool/cold) to rear (hot) on the brake shield very hot

yes the bleed screw is there at the thermostat that is the one i was referring to.
that needs to be bleed if it has air in the block
i would recommend a thermal gun so u can tell the different temps. u can measure temp at the thermostat / head/ pipes which runs 330 t0 600 depending on your tune.
when i ride i can move my feet in a lot of diff positions from front (cool/cold) to rear (hot) on the brake shield very hot
Hey thanks very much, i’ll run all that you suggested.

Back